Copperhead Road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It was time I posted my build. I have been searching for the right parts for the build. Here is the frame I will be using, the brand is Sunshine, a Canadian built bike. It is in rough shape. Seat post is stuck, I have to heat the frame to remove it.
DSC02811.jpg

Some of the original paint and pinstripe is left. Must have been a nice bike when new.
DSC02813.jpg

The left crank was bent and wore through the frame.
DSC02812.jpg

It had these holes drilled through the stays for what reason I don't know. The stay is also bent.
DSC02814.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

These are nice for a fixie.
DSC02816.jpg

Dave
You know I love the look of a boardtrack bike and yours are tops in my book. The frame I got from you would have been a nice build also but I don't have enough parts for it. This one will be interesting. I will be posting more pics in the next days.

nice lines on that frame. looks like ya got your work cut out for ya. have fun, i know it will be a nice ride.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

I had a chance to start on the frame today. I started with this tab for the chainguard, didn't need this. Off it goes.
DSC02822.jpg

DSC02824.jpg

Next I had to straighten the left rear. It has the holes drilled in each side right through. I would guess it was for a rear rack of some kind. It made it easy to bend the stay. It looks better in the second picture.

DSC02827.jpg

DSC02828.jpg

I bought this tank from a board member Uncle Stretch. It is a perfect fit.
DSC02823.jpg

DSC02826.jpg

Looks good so far. You definately can get the award for the roughest frame. :D

Hopefully a little heat is all it takes to get the seat post out. I had one that ended up getting sawed out from the inside.

Cleaning up the frame started. That is a lot of paint.

DSC02829.jpg

I can always use a little help from my friends.

DSC02830.jpg

What can I do with this? I know. I know. Post more later.

DSC02831.jpg

The paint came off nicely. The frame is surprisingly clean. Not much for pitting. The tank had some small dents and should clean up ok. Next is getting the holes welded up. I had to work hard to get the seat post out. I tried to use heat to remove it but no way was it coming loose. I ended up drilling it out with a drill press. The post was thin enough to crush down and pull out.
DSC02833.jpg

Here is the hearbadge. It is quite nice. Sunshine was a Canadian bike out of Ontario. It is a US made frame.
DSC02834.jpg

New stem for the old bike. I will paint to match the bike.

DSC03005.jpg

New post for the stem.

DSC03006.jpg

Stem and post setup.

DSC03007.jpg

I like the style of these Monarch springer forks. I may do some mod to it later.

DSC03008.jpg

Fat Franks are so cool looking. These fill up the frame nicely. The wheels are from a new bike I bought to cut up for a project this fall.

DSC03009.jpg

Copper pipe for the Copperhead look.

DSC03010.jpg

More copper.

DSC03011.jpg

Mock up with some of the parts.

DSC03012.jpg

Wow, that looks nice! Can't wait to see the bars with that stem location......COPPER! My guess, your gonna melt some down, and DIP the entire bike in it (just a guess :lol: ).

Latest posts

Back