Copperhead Road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you guys guessed right. The copper is for the bars I am making. I used a 1 1/8" stem and 1" inside diameter copper. It is a little smaller than the stem. I modified the stem slightly and it clamps tight now. The bars are fat looking which is nice for the style of bike I am building.
This is the start of the bars. I hope I can get the excess solder off the bars. My neighbor has a complete metal polishing shop. The copper will look good when polished up.
DSC03019.jpg

This is what they look like on the bike. Hard to decide what angle to keep them at. I won't solder the rest until daylight when I can get the bike outside for a better look.

DSC03020.jpg

DSC03021.jpg

With the ends attached. Again they can be moved around for a different look.
DSC03022.jpg

DSC03023.jpg

DSC03024.jpg

Different bend to them and again a new look to thebars.
DSC03027.jpg

DSC03028.jpg

Here is the bike next to Shorty. You can see how tall Shorty is.
DSC03029.jpg

Ingenious!...Bike looks like a BULLIE!......Looks like it could scare the air out of my bikes tires. :oops:

that is about the best i have seen in a long time. wow. that bike is awsome. changing the subject, that one bike it looks tall and those white tires, what size are they?
great job.

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As a former plumber I'd be concerned about the strength of those gorgeous bars, copper bends real easy. If you filled them full of expanding foam you'd increase their resistance to bending substantially, Bianchi do it to stiffen up their frames around the bottom bracket area.

I have not had too much time to do any work on it lately. Today I had a friend weld the holes in the frame. I did paint the wheels a week ago. I painted the tank to see what it would look like. It will have to be stripped and the dents cleaned up.

DSC03202.jpg

DSC03204.jpg

This is a mock up of the bike. I am not sure what seat I will use. It will be done before the deadline. More time off work next week should get most of it done.

DSC03205.jpg

DSC03206.jpg

Not much time left and I have a ton of work to do. I found time to primer the frame and tank. The small stuff has to get done yet. I have 1 more day off before the finish deadline. This will be close. I have to find the crank for it. I put it away and cannot find it. Have to work on the bars yet.
DSC03233.jpg

DSC03234.jpg

keep at it man, im in the same boat as far as time goes :!: and things seem to walk away on me too though i know i put stuff in a specific place so not to lose it, or did i hide it to make sure it didnt get tossed or tore up ... :|

bars are crazy cool btw !!!

Latest posts

Back