Copake Auction time

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found their updated listing a few days ago and took a good look at everything, one thing that strikes me is the bid estimates on some of the bikes. Having never been to Copake, what's the typical outcome of these auctions? I mean, I see a LOT of bikes in there that would sell in 30 seconds here in the RRB for-sale section at triple Copake's estimates. :?: :?: :?:

Love this tricycle...

5888487_3670XD8IY.jpg

5888487_3670XDA4O.jpg

It's rear-steer. There was one in terrible condition on Ebay a couple of months ago, seller wanted redonkulous money for it. When it comes to restoring tricycles, you need to ensure that you're getting all of the parts upfront, because finding the correct parts later is nearer to impossible than finding those ultra-rare bicycle parts, as I'm learning.

Here's a similar one I have, but not rear-steer....

IMG_0032.jpg

They have a catalog of last years auction with the estimates and actual sale prices. Seems like most of the ballooners went at the low end or below estimate. Here is an example- http://copakeauction.auctionflex.com/sh ... =2&lang=En

Id shell out the cash for that bike without blinking. Im on the fence about going since its almost a 3 hour drive for me and probably 2 days off work since the swap meet is on a Friday and auction is Saturday. Anyone else going?

Latest posts

Back