COOL BUILD OFF 13 NEWS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Worksman Cycles is donating this black 26" Newsboy frame and fork set to be the grand prize for this Summer's build off. :)

Pretty cool of them huh?

(Due to shipping costs this prize is restricted to U.S. participants only)

newsboyframe001a.jpg

Nice work Steve!
Once the BO threads start up we need to start the Build Off Prize Pool thread.

I'll donate any seat and any set of grips to the prize pool. Steve you decide what prize they are. -Thompson Classic

I'm in on the Cooler than dangit award, as well as the trophy for 13th place.
It's build off 13, and 13 has always been my lucky number.
If there's a tie for 13, I'll deal with that then.

Tom donate his opinion as he is a surviving honor carrier spinning his sproket with 2 new starts a month & zero complaints for his service delivering to Daily Breeze newspaper subscriber's. ⚙️:grin:

Of course, the OddJob Award will return for it's 4th consecutive year. Typically, there are multiple winners for the :
"Most Rat-isfying Rust-ified Rat Rods" .
Has there been a two time winner?

Can hole be for brackets to support saddle basket that pack the Daily News cruising through car shows in through the private air shows and down on the waterfront where is mostly appreciated to see such a cruiser to talk about your bike you had/ etc.

Last edited:
Cool prize,shame it is only for US citizen. A frame posted by USPS priority is around $80.(thats was for a old heavy cwc frame via priority)The trick is making the box smaller to fit the the frame and the usps guidelines.
Maybe a few of us could pitch in postage costs if the winner is overseas.
It's like dangling a carrot in front of a poor old donkey for us overseas entries.

Cool prize,shame it is only for US citizen. A frame posted by USPS priority is around $80.(thats was for a old heavy cwc frame via priority)The trick is making the box smaller to fit the the frame and the usps guidelines.
It's like dangling a carrot in front of a poor old donkey for us overseas entries.

I'll chip in on that cause if someone wins outside the US

I will also chip in.
Could be around the $100 mark for postage now with these crazy postal charges. Just depends the weight of the frame.(forks taken off and placed between the rear drops,then it the box becomes smaller)... It's all in the packaging.:wink1:
See ya in the build-off KF...

I could throw a little in on that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back