BO15 COMPROM15E

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For more of a ‘ratty’ look, I’ve used sections of 1” rigid conduit nipples for fork/headset spacers. The dull gray just seems more ‘vintage’ to me. I cut mine to length with my Dremel.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/100176533

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I was thinking a big fat springer seat but not too sure now...
81FE91C3-2BFD-4D72-BC3E-EFCDF8C68A71.jpeg
F5D9C4DC-5C23-4A59-AC31-F9CCE55B7B19.jpeg

The seat is cool, but maybe not on this bike. With your look you have going, I'd say a lower profile seat, like a Brooks style or similar would really fit well. The current one overpowers the bike in my opinion.

I think the seat looks fine. Those are super comfy too.

Any updates? It's been vewy vewy qwiet

I think I need more Rustina... maybe some old crusty 24” wheelsets? or a copper color to compliment the orange?
On a build that I'm plotting in my head for an extreme patina bike, I've been looking at steampunk Youtube videos for ideas on how to do industrial looking crusty paint jobs. Some pretty good stuff to be found.

I'm really liking this diamond frame with the springer. For some reason the overall feel seems to have a Scrambler style to it (in the earlier mock ups).
index.php

However, the saddle changed it. Not sure what saddle would work best, but that one is distracting in my opinion. Maybe it just needs to be pushed farther back.

Latest posts

Back