Completed Bare Metal Build Off bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This thread is for the completed Bare Metal build off bikes. I figure it will be more convenient to see them all in one thread. A bunch of photos in each bike's post to highlight the whole bike and the things that make it stand out would be great.

Cuyahoga Crusader

2gwdgyh.jpg

1zltbt5.jpg

coprb.jpg

1huixe.jpg

jjmko8.jpg

w1tve1.jpg

29gewrt.jpg

2zz15k4.jpg

Jackdaw, the Chuffstah pics now show up on my computer. I like the fabrication and dropout extensions. I was going to attempt that but I didn't use the fat tires.

Okay, with work right now, taking decent outdoor pics would be almost as easy as pulling my own teeth. Anyway, here's a few indoor shots. Ignore the front door!
SANY0688.jpg
SANY0687.jpg
SANY0686.jpg
SANY0685.jpg
SANY0684.jpg
SANY0683.jpg

Everybody came up with great stuff. It was a good challenge and people didn't have to invest money if they didn't want to. Just required time more than anything I guess. I painted rimstrips brass color to show through the rim holes, but it's more noticable up close. I was so busy building this I didn't look at the build threads as closely as I should have. Now I'm going to go back and check them out closer. Wildcat, the gold backer on your chainring is awesome. If I remember correctly, you didn't attach it with anything. It's just held with the crank race?

Yes, it's bolted in with the sprocket on the race. The chain barely touched it at one point and it sounded like the rear hub was coming apart or the chain had a problem. I was thinking of using adhesive glue, like I used on the fender accents made from a belt, to tack the brass to the backside of the sprocket. it's thin, so it's flimsy.

Here is a bike I made in about a weeks time over about three weeks with a drill, tin snips, chop saw, 2 grinders, welder. From scrap metal and some old bike parts. Fully slide position-able bottom bracket, solid steel triangular seat post engineered to set way back; but maintain proper balance as well as even load between the front wheel and back wheel so no wheelies here Seat post can be removed to insert a regular post for riders around 5' 5"+- or so. Or just leave it set back and slide the( special bolt on ) bottom bracket back and adjust ( telescoping ) handle bars for any reach......my goal was to make the comfort bike the way I would rather than look to other designs. 1.comfortable and 2. so that it would be able to accommodate most any size ( height ) person by ( built in ) position-ability. The bike weight is about 50 lbs due to the forward frame being rather hefty to accomplish the actual step through design. I think we( you ? ) could build one out of alloy = 35lbs or so. 26" wheels as well as with coaster brake.

oldbike005.jpg

pretty much finished bike. I'll probably do something else to it. what do you think?

So you have an idea?...Save it, you might need it when you grow up. Spanky...the little rascals

My uncle and I put this together in couple of weeks. And I would love to start showing it off and see what people think of it? and it is all bare metal.
ratrod5.jpg
ratrod4.jpg
ratrod3.jpg
ratrod2.jpg

jdholmes is that bike rideable? im 6 foot 3 and its looks big even for me. i wanna see it in action i like it.

Bigharley, yes it is rideable we fixed the pedals to my heigth of 5'10" I ride it all the time, I did just install a 3 speed rear end so it makes it easier to ride.

Latest posts

Back