Columbia Powder Puff Racer. Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK this has been sitting around in the barn since I drug it home 4 years ago...
index.php

index.php

I robbed some parts and left the rest...
DSCF7854.JPG

Because of the fenders, it looks BMX to me. Of course the bananna seat says Muscle bike.

Maybe the best course of action would be to pull the fenders for a BMX build.
Then use the rest to build a Muscle bike?

Thoughts?

The blue one has a bmx vibe going on already... I also think you're right in putting the first bike's parts into the MBBO rather than the BMXBO. But why stop there? I'd use the whole bike in the MBBO. But you always seem to have a good vision.

Carl.

Not quite sure how I'm going to rejigger the parts yet, but at least I know now the Suntour coaster brake rear came from the Columbia Powder Puff Racer.

Pretty stout wheel assembly. All spokes were about 1 1/2 turns loose! Just fine now. Even chrome is nice!
DSCF7858.JPG

Got lucky with those tires eh. They look pink in the photo. What's the width of the V bars?

DSCF8069.JPG
DSCF8060.JPG
DSCF8061.JPG
DSCF8062.JPG
DSCF8063.JPG
DSCF8064.JPG
DSCF8065.JPG
DSCF8067.JPG
DSCF8068.JPG

She's a bit of an odd duck - bits and pieces of maybe 10 old kids bikes.
Can't believe how nice the old chrome front fork looks on there!
Have to scrounge up 2 reflectors for the wheels yet. The plastic fenders came from the Pinwheels by Murray bike. They look so much cooler on here. :)

:cool2:
Wonder how it would look with the seat guts flipped. Is that an upside down top race nut? I Like it.

Ride video coming?

Latest posts

Back