Colson Loop Tail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked this one up from a nice guy in Chicago. I had to dicker the price up.......He was too low and I didn't want to take advantage of him. Any body know any thing about age , where they were made. It has the center stand stops built into the dropouts.

imag0725g.jpg

could you take 2 more photos, one of how the rear loop tail looks close up and one of where the head badge screws go in on the head tube
those help date it

Thanks, Nick.

They were made in Elyria OH. Your frame looks to be the early style rear-facing dropout that people call prewar. The early fork should have a fender mount tab at the front of the crown that I don't see. Everything else looks like it may be a subsequent replacement of undetermined age and origin.

Will look and photo tonight Thanks guys

Took a few photos for ID. need to find a headbadge also.

imag0728n.jpg

imag0730o.jpg

imag0732ag.jpg

The rear hub looks like a 60's vintage Bendix red band. The drop center rims are hard to say for sure. Based on the chainwheel, crank, hub and rims, I'll bet someone swapped the wheels and drive components from a late 50's to 60's vintage Murray built (JC Higgins).

Nice find - I think the best looking ballooner frame EVER. :D

Start of a rebuild stuff to come.

Latest posts

Back