colson clone loop tail practice

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Hope everything works out for ya Paul :wink: That frame is lookin' good 8)
Thanks I appreciate it. While the drama does not directly involve me, it does affect me. It should clear up pretty quick.

drama sucks!(even worse when familys involved in it)
hope everything clears up and you get some 'sanity' time in the shop soon...
ohhhh did i mention....nice looking frame :mrgreen:

Thanks boy I'm waiting to see what you come up with. I didn't look quick enough to see the rim :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Skip . I have the drop outs just tacked on so far. Need to finish welding it up and see what it will really look like with a few parts on it. Spring and the pollen is getting to me a little. Need a dust mask to go outside right now. :shock: :shock:

That stance is very cool. Hopefully there won't be any clearance issues with the chain. I think that is perfect as it sits now.

blackdiamond said:
I want one!!!!!!!!!! :D

They don't really look like a custom scratch built frame when they are finished. :roll: :roll:

M.Martian said:
That stance is very cool. Hopefully there won't be any clearance issues with the chain. I think that is perfect as it sits now.

I did stick a crank and a chain on it and I have plenty of room under the chain stay. I'm kinda fighting the crud right now. When I get to feeling a little better I hope to finish it and squirt a little paint on to see what its going to look like , just for fun. :wink:

cman said:
Sharp Frame. Looptails are one of the coolest designs and you pulled it off nicely.

Thanks Clancy. Having that chainstay so wide I thought I was going to have a problem with a hub spacing. It would require a few washers on a single speed , but it works good with that 7 speed. Just right.Maybe someday those yellow 24'' rims will stay on a bike. :lol: :lol:

Well I finally got through with the around the house spring cleanup and hit my shop. I got the drop outs welded up and I'm ready for bondo and sanding.....gee sounds like fun. :shock: :shock: :roll:

DSCF0002-14.jpg

DSCF0001-17.jpg

Thanks Steve. It should turn out pretty good. It sits lower than what I'm use to with the 24x3 fatti-o's I may have to use some 26's . :roll:

DSCF0001-18.jpg

DSCF0002-15.jpg

DSCF0004-8.jpg

DSCF0003-7.jpg

I like it. LOTS. It does look low and long.

PS>... What is all that green stuff. Looks like some of those chores included the lawn mower.

I don't touch it. The guys came, redid all my beds tore out all the dead stuff, and mulched everything. Then the grass started growing like crazy. Little rain and lots of sun. They will take care of it. I love my yard guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The wife wants me to paint my outdoor chairs...I told her they had patina....don't think she is buying it. :cry:

Thanks Mark it does carry a pretty cool line from the top tube to the seat stays. Looks like I planned it . :lol: Just dang lucky though.

Latest posts

Back