COLNAGO NUOVO MEXICO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty, but no power. My friend had them on an era Strawberry and he flipped them to get some later model Campy sidepulls.
I forgot what the name was, but Shimano made a groupset for only 1 year that was A LOT of money, but really sucked. The brakes were similar to Deltas, but there was no aerodynamic covering. The rear derailleur was also hard to maintain, but the front derailleur was quite good.

@MattiThundrrr , no problems. just clarifying why they were there. Probably left on the frame so I didn't forget where I put them. Those are early deltas, which by admission were the hardest to set up, but I was experimenting with a possible modification that was used on later variants and helped out when getting the cable length right inside the housing. the main thing with putting those brakes on a bike is "prepping" the cable end with some solder before hand.

I wish that helmet wasn't in the way...it would probably be a nice bike if I could see it! :blush:
Thanks for making me chuckle! I'll see if I can find a decent shot of that bike; my regular (small sized) rider/trainer/"cross" bike, '85/'86 Batavus "Criterium".
Edit: here it is in the "wild":
IMG_20190802_111917.jpg

IMG_20190423_103038.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot what the name was, but Shimano made a groupset for only 1 year that was A LOT of money, but really sucked. The brakes were similar to Deltas, but there was no aerodynamic covering. The rear derailleur was also hard to maintain, but the front derailleur was quite good.
Hey Grant,
"AX" group l believe. The brakes are hard to sell at any price! I have no experience with them on a bike.

Latest posts

Back