Collegiate DFBO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike is way cool as it sits! I've had a couple of the blue Collegiates and that color always jump out in a crowd! Grab some matching grips, get a snazzy horn, throw a cool lighting system on her and enjoy life!

I love the way the fenders are trying to hug them tires! Great job.
Thanks for all the info and pics,
Chainsaw

I'll take a few pics tomorrow. They should match nicely. I paid $5 at my LBS for the pair...never used them. I had planned to use them on my wife's 63 American, but I went with white instead. How does $6 shipped for the pair sound?

Here's a shot before I swapped out for white...

100_3713.jpg

OK....I'm done!! RatRod, I found an old pair of blue grips buried in the laboratory but thanx anyway! Guess I'll just ride till its time to post finished pics!! Thanx for everyones input!!

Markm said:
OK....I'm done!! RatRod, I found an old pair of blue grips buried in the laboratory but thanx anyway! Guess I'll just ride till its time to post finished pics!! Thanx for everyones input!!

Good deal...always better to go with stock on hand. :wink:

Chainsaw said:
Hooch said:
a hair dryer has always worked for me

The hair dryer must work GREAT on stickers cause I can't see any other that YOU would have a hair dryer! :mrgreen:

Just couldn't help myself,
Chainy

Jim you aint got much hair either!! :mrgreen:

100_1086.jpg

cool old hanging stop-sign-shaped rear reflector. Found an old headlight for it and as soon as I get it working I'll post a pic.

thanx guys, welcome back kev. Yep, Multi, thats a varsity. It's got that forward freewheel or whatever the heck it is...

Markm said:
It's got that forward freewheel or whatever the heck it is...

Aaah yes, those things. I had the same sort of system on my first 10-speed. It was cool that you could shift while coasting, but I don't know if there were any other benefits.

Lately, whenever I see a diamond frame, I want to make it into a fixie :roll: just a phase I'm going through I guess...

-Mp

multi: if you want it you can have it!! I'd like a fixie, just to play with, but don't know the first thing about making one!!

Markm said:
multi: if you want it you can have it!!

Ooh! That's a very tempting offer

Very tempting indeed! Hmmmmmm.....

Do you have the original wheelset? I suspect it may already have a fixed gear cluster on the back. If it does, you could swap out the front freewheel for a standard crankset, remove the derailleurs and presto! Instant fixie!

-Mp

I do have the wheels but never really checked them out...I'll let you think about the offer for a few then check to see if it is a fixed wheel...also, thanks for the fixie tutorial!!

got the headlight mounted but its still not working... :?
100_1262.jpg

100_1264.jpg

got most of the dents pounded out of the chainguard and reinstalled it. Looks like it was bent in half at one time :shock: don't really care for it but it matches,still cant get the stickers off the darn frame though!!

You did a super job straightening out the bent chainguard.... Hey.... I got some bent fenders over here :lol:

This looks like it would be quite comfortable.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Latest posts

Back