Clueless finally has a theme!!! haha better late than never!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i Totally Scored an old Executive "Super De Luxxe" 3-speed totally original except for the seat. little late in the build off (like last year) only this time Im not gettin discouraged by it!!! I have no Clue What Im gonna do with it yet so maybe ill call it, Clueless. Yeah totally My build off for #7 is here and Its titled Clueless!!! In a big hurry today so i just wanted to post this for a "kick in the butt" to get me goin. I posted so i cant back out now!!! I promise pictures very very soon! Happy Ratting!!

Re: I have no Idea! But somethins brewin...

Welcome to BO7. There are a few other people that jumped in today, and all I have done is mount a tire, so you aren't far behind.

The more work I do, the more I have to do, and while Saturday would normally be a decent work day I'm taking some of my youth paintballing... all day. :shock:

Take this time to jump into the lead.

Have fun and welcome to the build.

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
I'm taking some of my youth paintballing...

You know, that would be a cool way to paint a bike. Lots of various colored paint balls. Splat, splat. Clear-coat. Done.

That would be cool except we have to use park paintballs (all one color) and they usually ONLY aim at me. :x :lol:

Peatbog said:
Well, from what I hear, you are probably a bigger target!* :mrgreen:

*Sometimes I crack myself up.**

**Would say more, but I just realized that I am even a bigger target, so will shut up now.

That reminds me, I need to get back on the scale, I've been eating less... and more, trying to find the balance.

so heres the Executive, Super DeLuxe, 3 speed, $16 hella score!Everything totally works and it shifts like its from the factory! it oddly resembles the bike in the awesome video on the home page "how a bike is made" if you havent watched that you should!
051812171538-Copy-Copy.jpg

051812171503-Copy-Copy.jpg

051812171451-Copy-Copy.jpg

Nice city bike. Looks like something that Bicycle Repairman" would feel right at home working on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U01xasUtlvw

What ratty plans do you have for it.

So I totally played hookie at my own shop lol and worked on this thing for a good 6 hours or so today and this is what i got so far...
051912114141-Copy-Copy.jpg

had to get those bars and forks off there Ima big boy and those arent fat kid friendly...
051912114237-Copy-Copy.jpg

I can ride my bike with no handlebars... yeah i went there, lol
051912114728-Copy-Copy.jpg

thats better! kinda lol think im definitley gonna go towards a bobber style and get a triple tree headset...
051912115319-Copy-Copy.jpg

that tire is horrid just a temporary though :)
051912122018-Copy-Copy.jpg

I like little rear wheels, less lenghth in spokes just seems stronger to me so time to lace that 3 speed hub in that 24 inch wheel! oh joy! :/
051912122230-Copy.jpg

1 down 36 to go!
051912123844-Copy.jpg

one separated wheel and now for the fun part muahahahaha, *evil grin*
051912124354-Copy.jpg

when a wheel is old and steel and warped, well.... ping, ping, ...muahahahaha... ping ping!!!
051912130355-Copy.jpg

got our base pattern now lets lace, lace, lace!
051912130526.jpg

and some more...
051912130554.jpg

and some more... (thanks johnny for the photo shots!!)
051912130614.jpg

still goin... and im dyslexic so this is super uber stressfull and difficult for me usually about six trys till i get my base pattern right but then i zoom, zoom, zoom! lol
051912140002.jpg

All spokes in order... Check! now time for "truing stand" lol
051912144852.jpg

there she is old home and new home, i like her new home better!!
051912145736.jpg

See ya old rear fender!
051912151129.jpg

little cutting and drilling of new holes for the "new" rear fender
051912151745.jpg

Hey there sexy, whats your name?
051912152832.jpg

needed to modify the shifter jus a lil lol
051912161003.jpg

run some cable, add some brake pads, adjust, and you have todays riding portion of day one!
051912161014.jpg

I always try to ride what i build at the end of the day so i always know how it feels cause theres nothin worse than building a sweet bike then finding out it rides like a boat anchor!!!
051912160943.jpg

the more i look at those bars the more i like there ugliness i think ill keep em...
051912160955.jpg

well i hope you like all the pics now time for some steak and cheese subs and some more new castle(creative juices) i got more planned for this bad boy dont you worry your pretty little heads!! :) until next time!! Rat on, Rat hard!

Re: Updated with pics! I have no Idea! But somethins brewin...

Wow! Maybe you are "Bicycle Repairman"!!!
You got a ton of work done on that ride and totally changed it's feel already. Love the hacksaw gripshift.

kingfish254 said:
Wow! Maybe you are "Bicycle Repairman"!!!
You got a ton of work done on that ride and totally changed it's feel already. Love the hacksaw gripshift.
Yeah I wanted to include that shifter some how. Im gonna get some tubing and make some sweet apes i think and while the bar is straight slide the grip shift over it and bend em aroud it so its permanently on there right next to the goose neck so i can still "grip shift" my three speed and its outta plain sight by the levers... should be cool!!

EasyRider420 said:

Dude, you need to post some photos of the wicked fat tire bike in the background!!! That's gotta be the one you were talking about!
MO FATTA MO HARLEY MO BETTA!

Also, maybe you could mount that shifter on the gooseneck itself? It would be totally hidden then.

Less than 20 posts on this forum and you already have shown us some wicked stuff in more places than just this build diary.
Welcome to RRB! You're a natural.

kingfish254 said:
EasyRider420 said:

Dude, you need to post some photos of the wicked fat tire bike in the background!!! That's gotta be the one you were talking about!
MO FATTA MO HARLEY MO BETTA!

Also, maybe you could mount that shifter on the gooseneck itself? It would be totally hidden then.

Thats such a good idea! I love this place! I wish It were real so I could hang here all day!!! lol go to the builds section The Batchetman Beach cruiser is in there now!!! thanks for the welcoming! feels good!!

ok so did alot less than yesterday but progress none the less KingFish The shifter is on the goose neck! and it works great! heres some pics of the fender work i did today fitting a 27" fender to a 24" wheel is alot harder than i thought. oh well shes put away fornow until my next build day comes along (hopefully soon! lol) later all and remember, Rat On and Rat Hard.
052012142737.jpg

052012142836.jpg

052012152459.jpg

052012152513.jpg

052012152524.jpg

Re: Updated 5/19 (hidden shifter) I have no Idea! But ...

Man, this ride is really looking sweet! Apehangers rule!! Can't wait to see the finished ride..or are they ever really finished? ;-) Peace

mitchelangelo said:
Man, this ride is really looking sweet! Apehangers rule!! Can't wait to see the finished ride..or are they ever really finished? ;-) Peace

I dont think a bike is ever truly done, no. And Yes! Apehangers RULE!!! I got a bigger set on the way :)

ok so I saw this car and Inspiration exploded Ive never built a lowrider cause im not big into the looks dont get me wrong they look awesome just not for me this is my kind of lowrider!! so ive decided to theme my bike after this lowered powerhouse of american muscle! An American muscle themed lowrider. I know I know my bike was made in west germany but! it was assembled in the states!!! lol. the name will come to me eventually, the immigrant is kinda sticking out to me(from germany to us) but its in the air. all i know is im even more excited to keep building now!!! I hope itll be enough to keep you guys interested in my build!!!!
0601rc_22zCustom_HotrodBlack_Lowered_Passenger_Side_Front_View.jpg

Cool Lead Sled for inspiration.
Maybe your name could be "Immigrant Song" of Led Shred.

The bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Latest posts

Back