Cleveland Welding?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this one today at a local swap meet. The seller really didn't know anything about it. He thinks it's a Cleveland Welding but wasn't positive. No badge but the serial number is E52301. I like the nice even coating of rust! The rear hub was loose as could be but that was a simple fix. I rode it a couple miles when I got it home and right now my daughter and I are going to go log some more miles. It's a shame I already told a friend that he could buy it from me. This one rides sweeeeet!
stuff011.jpg

Nice vintage rider, I've done the same bought it, offered it to a friend and then wished I had kept it. But then I always seem to find another!

Yep, that's Cleveland Welding Company alright. Could have been their house brand, Roadmaster, or it could have been several other brands like Western Flyer or the like. The serial and curved fender braces point to very early postwar, '45-46 or so.

These old ballooners do make great, comfortable riders. And that's before fresh grease too! Get some grease in the bottom bracket and hubs and you'll be floating down the road.

Latest posts

Back