Classic 3 Speeds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just traded for this 1968 schwinn deluxe typhoon today. Need to change seat and put correct chainring on it
C528AF43-702D-4564-BE51-52B9D21761EB.jpeg

Just traded for this 1968 schwinn deluxe typhoon today. Need to change seat and put correct chainring on itView attachment 183388

That may be a 69 model. Red wasn't offered on the Deluxe in 68 and that would also make your mag chain ring correct. Possibly made in late 68 as the next years model. The second letter in the serial number for a 68 would be a "D", the first letter is the month it was made. "E" for 69.

Thanks for that info, thought second letter was an “ O” (probably D ) when I looked up, Have to look at it again, appreciate the input. I haven’t had time to research anything on it yet, This helps

This classic 3 speed Raleigh Sport from '55 was previously owned by a lifelong mechanic that may or may not have worked with the famed 7-11 Cycling squad. It was upgraded with Maxy Flite crank/bb, Shimano 600 Arabesque derailleur & 2 speed cog as well as a long 3ttt stem & bars. Fun bike!
IMG_20191116_143530719_HDR.jpg
EFFECTS.jpg
IMG_20191117_153235677_HDR.jpg

Yes! Somewhere in the Metro area we came across during a Bluz Cruz.....🙃

Sorry for the misleading pics that led you to believe it was along the St. Vrain Bikeway or thereabouts. 😂😂
Most "new" condo/apartment construction around Colorado's Front Range all looks sadly similar. Winter is about the only time I use the river/creek/ditch greenways for exercise, cuz the gnats.

Definitely looks like all of the new stuff being built in the area. The gnats are good protein! I don't care for the snakes in warmer months. (I can't believe the put logs, rock piles, other good snake habitat near the path the way they did...😳) Or can I?🤦‍♂️

Definitely looks like all of the new stuff being built in the area. The gnats are good protein! I don't care for the snakes in warmer months. (I can't believe the put logs, rock piles, other good snake habitat near the path the way they did...😳) Or can I?🤦‍♂️
The "cycling advocates" in this burg are puzzling, at best.

Latest posts

Back