(Class 1) TorRed (68 Typhoon)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score

I started this build wanting a comfortable full sized chopper that rides well however far I want to go.

Its an old, paint wore off, rusted fork and fender ride. It squeaks if I bounce it and that big balloon tire on back takes the edge off bumps along the way.

I went on a bit of a ride to get this one photo'd up. I know where there's an open gate to one of the washes. I found the target location while out on the mountain bike a couple months back, and figured out a leg or two of the ride back then.

Starting out, there's an tunnel or two to open area that leads to some tubes.

Up the tube,

Inside the grate

At the bottom of the ramp.

On top of the grate

At the top

Mount Charleston in the background.

The entrance tunnel and freeway behind this one.

Out to the Mojave...

Sheep Mtns in the background.

Back out of the grate

Down the wash, rear cog snap ring popped out

Popped it back in and headed up a tunnel I've been wanting to see where it started. Took about 40 min... Opening is the halfway point to my house. :)

The long road test was a success!!

Last edited:
Starting out with a bone stock, 68 Schwinn Typhoon. Front blade was bent, but I put about 200miles on it the way it was. Already have that and more with the chopper forks.

Added the fork and Apes. I had picked up a bike off CL just for the monster fork and triple T,

tied new style Stingray 24" tire.

I robbed the sealed bearing crank with Primo Arms on from the bike I found the forks on. DK chainring from my buddy. Said to put it on something cool.....

Those go to the spray bombed 26" rear wheel with a 2.5" balloon.

When I added the seat I used a 21mm neck to set it back and put a sealed bearing pivot to an old red velour banana. I fabricated the Springer sissy and sissy pad to top it off

A blast to ride and geared just right.

Last edited:
Love this bike, chopper fork is awesome :rockout:

Great work and ride!
I would ride the wheels off of that beauty too!
True old skool home made muscle bike look on this one.

Love this bike, chopper fork is awesome :rockout:
Thanks Scribble!!
Great work and ride!
I would ride the wheels off of that beauty too!
True old skool home made muscle bike look on this one.
Thanks kingfish, it is a fun ride for sure!!

Ratty Old School was the net goal. [emoji48] [emoji605] [emoji48]

Building... riding...

Killer bike man love the down and dirty look . This definitely has that old school home made chopper look . This bike is tough . You have taken some really great pictures !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this bike is killer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Killer bike man love the down and dirty look . This definitely has that old school home made chopper look . This bike is tough . You have taken some really great pictures !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks G-Matt. I'm Glad you Like it.

Was thinking. I dont think I've shown how I got that funky drilled fender to fit.

Good Engineering. Hehehe

Building... riding...

Freakin love this bike. Your photography is top notch. Loved the way the bike was always the focal point, and never sliced up by scenery. Kudos. Some of these should be featured in the "how to show off your bike in a pic" thread that came up last bo.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Freakin love this bike. Your photography is top notch. Loved the way the bike was always the focal point, and never sliced up by scenery. Kudos. Some of these should be featured in the "how to show off your bike in a pic" thread that came up last bo.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the compliments on the photos.

I take pics the way I look at the bike. I also take a lot of them, over 300. High res this time also, not cell phone. Can do more post processing if Need.be.

I did have a few that background ate the bike.. Some couldn't easily be savaged.

some were bland enuff, id have a lot of overprocessing to make them click.

Great chopper and great photos!
Thanks Crash!

Building... riding...

MC, your build is at the top of the list for rust-ified rat-isfaction! I really dig this, the way you kept the old patina, added some more rusty parts to accent, and the overall look is sensational! And your photographic eye is on par with your creative vision. So good. :41:

Love the muscle choppers! They are a blast to ride. I like the bungee cord holding the fender in place. Ratty!

awesome build,clean,simple,and great location
Thanks Endlesschain. Simple makes it easier, and less things to break on the long haul...
Tough no nonsense bike!

Luke.
[emoji106] [emoji106]

MC, your build is at the top of the list for rust-ified rat-isfaction! I really dig this, the way you kept the old patina, added some more rusty parts to accent, and the overall look is sensational! And your photographic eye is on par with your creative vision. So good. :41:

Thanks OJ, great compliments from another rrb builder.
Love the muscle choppers! They are a blast to ride. I like the bungee cord holding the fender in place. Ratty!
Roadwarrior, thanks. I thought about drilling it, figured I would if the bungee ever gave a problem. Works great so far. No seat pics clamp either. Thanks neck was a snug fit.
Love this build. Best rat rod for sure.
Thanks Chad, i appreciate the rat vote :)

Ratty With Shiny... TorRed has a full wheel length on my 20" build [emoji48] [emoji48] [emoji605] [emoji48] [emoji48]

Seats are same height.. my comfort zone...

Building... riding...

Latest posts

Back