(Class 1) STORMTROOPER Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
trooper1.jpg

trooper.jpg

trooper3.jpg

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-04-class-1-stormtrooper-rollin-again.95151/

So here it is kids.

IMG_0001a.JPG

IMG_0010a.JPG

and of course the shot by the garage door.
IMG_0009a.JPG

I know the chain is loose, I didn't have a half link and that's the only wheel position that the 3" tire will turn in.

Last edited by a moderator:
So here it is kids.

View attachment 14545

View attachment 14546

and of course the shot by the garage door.
View attachment 14547

I know the chain is loose, I didn't have a half link and that's the only wheel position that the 3" tire will turn in.
Nice bike the white & black looks great and the seat is sweat . Can't beat comfort . Those 3" wheels are a beast to squeeze in your average frame . I had to pull mine back as fare as possible to keep it from rubbing. Also had to put spacers on the drive side of the crank to keep the chain from
Rubbing on the tire but it all worked out barely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bike the white & black looks great and the seat is sweat . Can't beat comfort . Those 3" wheels are a beast to squeeze in your average frame . I had to pull mine back as fare as possible to keep it from rubbing. Also had to put spacers on the drive side of the crank to keep the chain from
Rubbing on the tire but it all worked out barely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seat is comfy.
The chain is close to the tire, but it doesn't rub. But the wheel isn't perfect true so it rubs a little where I put the light wire. The light wire isn't very bright so I'm bummed that the rear of the bike doesn't look like a lightsaber, but all in all I think it turned out well.

That big tire and black ape hangers make this bike looke awesomely mean. I love the details on the crank and the head badge as well. Just in time for the new movie to be released.. Great work.

Building... riding...

The black and white has a tough look to it, muscle bike tough. Really like the inverted look of the seat profile and the angle of the seat stays....very geometric. Should get you through the next millennium, Falconstaff....

Thanks everyone, I honestly wasn't thinking about the new movie when I started in on this. I just got the image of a stormtrooper in my head while trying to figure out which chainguard to use.
Glad I decided no chainguard.

No, that's not it.
I still have a lone Craigar SS mag with a formula one tire mounted to it taking up space in my garage, and I really don't need a table. :39: :thumbsup:
Oh yeah! :113:

Luke.

I love the stance of this build.

Thanks everyone, this bike has gotten a bit more fanfare than I expected.
Must be a lot of starwars fans around here.

Even though I got a little bored about 90% into it, I did have fun putting this one together.

Turned out nice!
You should take it to your local movie theater and get some pictures with the marquee or posters. Sometimes they have cool looking life size cut-outs in the lobby for these big releases.

Turned out nice!
You should take it to your local movie theater and get some pictures with the marquee or posters. Sometimes they have cool looking life size cut-outs in the lobby for these big releases.
I thought about it, also thought about the costume @Chad T pointed out showing up at the theatre.
My local Wal-Mart doesn't have it.

Super cool! If there is an ACE HARDWARE near you they have that 1/2 link! If there isn't then PM me your address and I'll send you one.;)

Latest posts

Back