Class 1 - grr-RAT-ified

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

It's a surprise gift for my Lady. A while back she took my Scrambler for a ride and it seemed to be a nice fit, she has a Cruiser and a Road Bike, but now she'll have a Muscle Bike to ride with me when I'm on mine. So I found this at a garage sale for 5 bucks...

Pretty crusty, pretty old, it even had an original polo seat!
So flash froward a bit... Mongoose mags, white tires eventually a 20 x 2.125 on the back 20 x 1.95 on the front, bare metal, ram horns and wrap from my first build here...

So I modified the drive train, used flattop exercizer bike pedals, uncrusted the sissy, borrowed a seat that's now been on 3 MBBO bikes...

It's not paint, it's Dupli-Color Clear Effex.

New back tire 20 x 2.125, new brake cables, repo valve caps...

Carl.

Last edited:
the whole bike is spot on, I especially like the bars and wheels :cool2:

Great bike , I like the bare metal look , ram bars & mags . Like they say muscle bikes are a girls best friend , your one step closer ! Lol
Cool bike Merl [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like how yours turned out, I think the tape on the handlebars and the chain against the bare metal look really makes it pop! :41:
Made the mistake of showing it to my wife and she asked when I was going to build her one of her own. Wait maybe I can parlay that into buying more parts I need for my builds too. :39:

Looks fantastic! Good to see I wasn't the only one building a girls bike. They fix up pretty good in my opinion. Girls like bikes, too.
Those wheels are the bee's knees! LOL!

Love those bars!

Latest posts

Back