Chrome frame flightliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191023_191057.jpg
A new little project I'm working on. I started with the chrome frame and springer. Then I used a girl's bike for parts. A quick little mock up.
20191019_151410.jpg
20191022_190448.jpg

Last edited:
Well done.
I totally dig the chain guard and rack swap.
The shapes and added color are a perfect break from the chrome and add alot of character.
What are your thoughts on reversing the fork dropouts?

Well done.
I totally dig the chain guard and rack swap.
The shapes and added color are a perfect break from the chrome and add alot of character.
What are your thoughts on reversing the fork dropouts?
Thank you! I appreciate the compliments. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I'm going to try and get my hands on some white western flyer grips and this one will be done.
Will the fender still work if I reverse the fork drop outs?

Thank you! I appreciate the compliments. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I'm going to try and get my hands on some white western flyer grips and this one will be done.
Will the fender still work if I reverse the fork drop outs?

I don't think the fender would fit with reversed drop outs.
It's been a few years since I had the same bike and fork.
It was more.form over function though.
You can give it a try if you'd like, but I agree that the bike is more tasteful as it sits. Why mess with a good thing?
I'm considering getting an old (non springer +painted) Flightliner of mine back out of guilt. The guy I sold it to used it as a winter beater and I can't wait to see how it fared over the past year and a half.
IF, I choose to get it back, it will likely get a change of character. Maybe not for the better.

Latest posts

Back