Chinese Scooter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got Mark/Kram to buy this one for me in Utah. He took it all apart and shipped it to
me in four boxes. I put it back together and stuck a 110cc auto motor on it. I love mine.

DSC07746.jpg

Put together and changed some.
DSCF0007-5.jpg

Glad you got yours going. Should be fun. I know mine is

Yeah when they first brought them here they were 50cc and no shifting.
I picked up a new 110cc 4 speed automatic with and electric start for $200 and
I stuck that one on it when I put it back together. I have had a ball with mine.

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah when they first brought them here they were 50cc and no shifting.
I picked up a new 110cc 4 speed automatic with and electric start for $200 and
I stuck that one on it when I put it back together. I have had a ball with mine.

I just love the styling, but I want to stay with under 50cc on anything I get so I won't have to get my motorcycle endorsement and insurance. I really need to get my motorized bike back together. :roll:

Uncle Stretch said:
Well that being the case , you need this one. Its Kota's with a 50cc motor.
http://www.scooterdepot.us/50cc-4-strok ... p-652.html
What I found out was that there are over 1000 scooter manufacturers in China. Scooterdepot is where I got my scoot. The 50cc they sell is not from the same manufacturer as the 150cc (I think). They're both Ruckus clones, and I've seen a number of different ones available.....Now with that said...I LOVE MY SCOOTER! It can cruise, with my 250lbs, at 50mph (gps verified), although I normally only go 35-40mph. I've had it at 60, with more left. It cost me $20 a year to register it and $78 to insure it. I went to a Harley dealership to get a state inspection sticker, thought they would laugh at it. But I was the only one laughing. A couple was there to get new tires on they're "hog". Buy one tire, get the second free, just pay for the mounting. $505..I did start to chuckle and said: "That's, almost what I paid for my whole scooter"! I spotted the maintenance schedule for a Big Twin bike posted on the wall. After paying twenty something thousand for a motorcycle, your first service at 1000 miles will only cost you $360....Your first 10,000 miles will cost you around $1500 total in SERVICE!..So what, I look like Magilla Gorilla riding a mini bike. OH, that would be a "smiling gorilla", by the way....These things are a riot. I'm having a ball, for CHEAP money. I've already saved over $100 in gas.

I think mine will run about 50. I love to scoot around the neighborhood. Its so much fun.
I have had a bunch of motorcycles , but my scooters are just way cool. Oh and had the $20,000
Harley too.

I found out that people name their scooters, like we name our bikes!......So, because I work across the street from a Harley dealership, and see (and be seen by) a lot of Harley's, I decided to name mine. :lol: ....I kinda like it!
004-26.jpg

This thing runs like a bear (more like a DEER).....I can't believe how nice (and quick) this thing rides.

Just wait till you discover the world of scooter mods...Few tweeks to the clutch, re-jet the carb, high flow breather, and a better exhaust pipe and you can get some serious speed out of those little scooters. Then there's big bore kits, porting and polishing, gear ratios to play with, racing CDI and coils, With the right mods On the hole shot I'd tear a Harley up.

UPDATE:
I use a gas credit card for all gasoline purchases, this way I can keep track of every dime I spend. It consistantly runs between $300-$350 a month...The last few months it's been right around $200. So was it worth it?..ABSOLUTELY!

if you dont mind me asking where did you order this bad boy for? ive got a real 07 ruckus with 22k miles im selling and id much rather have this clone.. lol

i feel dumb now for not reading him saying where he got it from.. :(
but they no longer have the 150 version on that site?? hmmph.. i would totally order a 150 for what he says he paid for it

Looks like it's $50 more than what I paid...Still a good price. I have had no trouble with mine at all. I cruise at 35-45 mph, the speed limit on the roads I use.....I weigh around 260. If you get one, do ALL the "dealer prep" work that the scooter forums recommend (which are pretty much listed at the beginning of this thread). Is it the highest quality scooter in the world? No. But I've almost saved in gas, what I've paid for it.

Some people say they have had trouble with scooterdepot. I haven't. I was on the phone with them several times, they were very accommodating and polite. I called them the day I received my scoot and two days later I got the Certificate of Origin (title).
I just have to say one thing. If you don't know how to turn a wrench (BASIC mechanics), don't get one..But with that said, I gotta say..they are extremely easy to work on. Good luck! Let us know if you get one.

jakesloan said:
where did you order the scooter from??

Look about 5 posts above yours for the answer.

I finally got my hands on an old Puch moped last week. Laid down one Benjamin for it, and I'm giddy with excitement. It will let my Jeep rest around town.

Latest posts

Back