Child to carry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw an interesting bike seat with the baby in front and facing you. I will have to look for it. How old is you baby? A pouch carrier strapped to you would work best in the beginning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having the child in front where you can keep an eye on whats happening is best.
front-bike-carrier-separate-legs.jpg

I saw an interesting bike seat with the baby in front and facing you. I will have to look for it. How old is you baby? A pouch carrier strapped to you would work best in the beginning.

Ok thanks Kruez, he is just 9months

Looks cool, but I doubt 9 months baby would actually enjoy it. The seat should have some support.
The vintage front seat is for 4 years and up (That was the age my older son was ready to ride in front and told me he wanted to). For younger kids I strongly recommend a trailer or a modern childseat. Front or rear doesn't matter, as long as it's safety approved. For kids younger dann 1,5 I think it's safest when they sit in a trailer.

The vintage front seat is for 4 years and up (That was the age my older son was ready to ride in front and told me he wanted to). For younger kids I strongly recommend a trailer or a modern childseat. Front or rear doesn't matter, as long as it's safety approved. For kids younger dann 1,5 I think it's safest when they sit in a trailer.

OK, then I think I should go for it, as you have experienced it personally.
Thanks swiss

OK, then I think I should go for it, as you have experienced it personally.
Thanks swiss

You'r welcome!

PS: Front seat has the bonus that you can easily talk to your little one while riding :thumbsup:

My son Rahn would be happy, with an adventurous riding medium for him. He can't actually talk at this age but can definitely show his excitement.

I saw a video with a rear facing baby carrier mounted on the top tube of a cruiser bike. Baby was facing the mom while riding. Pretty sure it was custom. I can't find it, however, the thing is, they grow up so fast and will out grow what ever you decide on pretty fast. Strap the baby to you this summer then find the next level next summer setup. Safety first! Good luck on your search.

Latest posts

Back