CherryLiner (fka MotorLiner)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here she is. I hope to get better pics soon since these were taken in the rain with little thought.
Hope you like her :D

Final_Spaceliner_quarterbac.jpg

Final_Spaceliner_FR-2.jpg

Final_Spaceliner_Quarterfro.jpg

Final_Spaceliner_Side.jpg

Final_Spaceliner_nondrive.jpg

dang that is sick!
great job all around.

wow that bike looks so good! even though theres not a voting system. id vote for this!

Easy E

Whole bike is NICE. But the way the tank is mounted, and what you did to the seat, are KILLER.

Fantastic, a rare beauty. A great parts mix with some unique touches and I love the contrast between the shiny and the .. er.. not shiny. What would it look like with the skinny front wheel?

Thanks for the compliments guys. That's a good question MadMick. I think I might have to check what the skinny tires look like on this thing. I think the road bike axles are too big to fit in the fork though. I'll give it a shot.

That is an awesome build!

I have a couple questions for you...what are you powering the headlight with? I mean, I know it is a battery pack, but what kind and where did you get it? How many volts is the lighting system and how bright is it?

Dan

Danimal said:
I have a couple questions for you...what are you powering the headlight with? I mean, I know it is a battery pack, but what kind and where did you get it? How many volts is the lighting system and how bright is it?

Dan

The battery pack is from one of these:
b6c6_1.jpg

Scored on Ebay for $3.95. It is a miners headlight/flashlight. It takes 4 D-cell batteries. Inside the bike headlight I have a Krypton bulb made for Maglites with 4-6 D-cell batteries. So I guess the headlight is about as strong as an out of focus Maglite. I plan on getting one of those 120 LED flashlights on ebay and stuffing the LED's into the headlight housing.

By the way, I bought three of the miners lights for my other bikes. They will pop up faily often but there are times when there are none to be found. The one shown is cool because it is all brass and it has a switch built into the top.

Forgot to add.
ten minutes ago I found a flaw to the battery case. Getting the batteries out requires me to turn the bike upside-down. Lol. I gotta figure out a better way to do this.
*** If you do plan on getting one of these make sure that it takes D batteries. Some of them have a special battery.***

Yeah... Great bike. Came together really well.

Actually TBO the only thing which doesn't work for me is the battery case, would it fit under the fork crown and above the tyre? Dunno, it's a really nice component I just think it looks out of kilter with the rest of the bike in that location.

Love this bike. I like the battery box. When I first saw it I thought it was a flask, which I thought was super cool. When I realized it was a battery box I was disappointed but it still looks like a flask to me so it's still cool!!!

wait. what? I must be drinking from a flask. :roll:

hmm... A flask in place of a water bottle might be pretty neat! I might just try that on my next build.
or maybe one of these strapped to the seattube:

DSC00065-1.jpg

I wonder if the cops would hassle you for carrying around iced tea in one of these.

MadMick said:
Actually TBO the only thing which doesn't work for me is the battery case, would it fit under the fork crown and above the tyre? Dunno, it's a really nice component I just think it looks out of kilter with the rest of the bike in that location.

after looking at the pics a bit I kinda see what you mean. But yet I still see the brass case as one of the design highlights. the brass thumb screws used for tank lacing, the gold pinstripe and the seat rivets were all decided on after seeing the shiny brass.

By the way, the battery case actually fits inside the tank but I didn't feel like messing with the tank every time I needed to change batteries.

Latest posts

Back