Cherry Bomb

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame's been turned over to the powder coater! I'm going all out on this powder job. Silver base, then a deep cherry, and then a "vision" metallic top coat. It's going to shine from black to a shiny cherry red in the sunlight. Should get it back late next week.

Got the frame back from powder coating! It looks black in the dark, but in the light, it shines and deep purple-ish cherry. It's very cool. Started to put some of the parts on it.
IMG_2810_zpsfdf15af2.jpg

Put more of the "right" parts on it. Bars, stem, seat, new grips, and a lovely vintage bell that I bought for it. My wife painted the chainring, and that and the pedals went on there, as well.

The proper wheelset and disk brakes all really all that's left.
IMG_2946_zps625c6115.jpg

IMG_2947_zps27faaee4.jpg

IMG_2948_zps60351545.jpg

IMG_2949_zpsab78b43d.jpg

Got the Huntington Beach wide wheel set that I'll be using for this bike, and had a disc brake laced into the front. The last two bits are to hook up the disc brake, and to eventually lace in the FlyKly electric hub that I'm still waiting on. She's a rider, and she's SMOOOOTH.
IMG_2975_zps3c2dfe63.jpg

IMG_2976_zps1f381fcc.jpg

That really came out well!!!!!

Your wife's bike looks great. One question:

How thick is the plate you used for the dropouts?

Thanks!

I always use 3/16" plate. 1/8" may do it, but seemed too thin for me, whereas 1/4" is definitely overkill.

Yeah, 3/16" is what my Genuine uses....seems good enough. The Worksman frames I got have paper-thin dropouts....3/16" seems about right, but I kinda like "definite overkill"....

Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back