Chantilly Lace (She's done) 8/3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Chantilly Lace (getting some skirts)more pics

Rather like the skirt guard insert. Might band the raw edges with a some car door protective strips. Will you be painting the panels if you use them?

MazdaFlyer said:
Rather like the skirt guard insert. Might band the raw edges with a some car door protective strips. Will you be painting the panels if you use them?
right now there paint the same cream as the inserts on the rest of the bike

Re: Chantilly Lace (getting some skirts)

kingfish254 said:
Cool skirt guard idea.
HEY!! I STOLE THAT IDEA! I MEAN.... I AM.... :mrgreen:

MazdaFlyer said:
right now there paint the same cream as the inserts on the rest of the bike

Re: Chantilly Lace (getting some skirts)

Momma JATS[/quote]
Thanks momma JATS, progress is slow but trying not to screw it up by rushing.[/quote]

Slow and steady is my motto....remember it is not the speed of the build but the BUILD!

Momma Jats

How's this big bopper build going?

Had to take some time to get this tank put together so I could add another special paint technique to chantilly lace.
starting off with a safeway store meat bin and a heating element from a old wall paper steamer

Got the hole cut and the element in. water testing the tub.

And of course it leaked. time to brake out some gasket maker

Re: Chantilly Lace (Starting to come together)more pics

While outside with the kids yesterday I started to put the things on that I could.
The spear turned out better then i could hoped.

Time to clean up the crank

rear fender, seat and crank installed

There is some purtiness going on right there!
Curious to see the tank in use.

Those will be the last thing that goes on it, still working on the pinstriping skills. working on some homemade truss rods right now. but really pleased how its coming together.

Very very pretty!

Momma JATS

love it dude, cool look and style!!!

Troy

Been working on some of the boring work like cleaning up the rims, hope to have it rolling in the next couple days. will post pics once Ive got it rolling.

Thanks It is a great combo, been trying to find another can of the same dark bronze. Using the aluminum foil and water trick on the chrome which works pretty good but not sure my fingers like it any better then stove top cleaner and steel wool.

Re: Chantilly Lace (back to painting)

Decided I needed to finish painting parts and decided I didnt like the black and tan forks so I sanded them and went all tan. I was on a roll and went to lace the head tube and grabbed the wrong can GRRRRRRR had to repaint the head tube now going to have dinner and will try again later.

Latest posts

Back