Chantilly Lace (She's done) 8/3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Chantilly Lace (tan leather)

Went to look at a roll of leather my son had bought after an auction a couple weeks ago and at first I thought there was brown paper rolled up with it but when I unrolled it I found this, its not real thick but think Im going to try and use it for the seat

Re: Chantilly Lace (dang weather)

Since I didnt have any yards to mow after church (got them done at the beginning of the weekend) I decided I would start building the seat for Chantilly Lace. I got the leather treated and drying then sprayed 2 layers of foam for the padding and started taking apart 2 seat pans to build into one and here comes the rain GRRRRRR

Re: Chantilly Lace (dang weather)

I WAS WONDERING WHEN SOMEONE WOULD USE THAT PAINT TECHNIQUE. WELL DONE GTB!! PEACE

Re: Chantilly Lace (PERXEL seat)

Finally figured out the seat Im going to use, its a perxel
person frame mated to a troxel pan

not a bad fit

looks pretty good together

Got the padding on the pan

Re: Chantilly Lace (finally back to painting)

Got the base coat on the fenders, light and seat base today, hopefully will have time tomorrow to do some lacing.

Still need to decide if I want to use this as a fender light.

Re: Chantilly Lace (seats done and fenders painted)

I hit up the local upholstery shop it see what they had and ended up getting 3 pieces of fake leather, I used the darker of the 2 tans to cover the seat and just wanted the other for future projects.

waiting for the spray to dry

Seat all together

Laced up the fenders

nice and shiny

Cant decide if I want to leave them like this or run a strip of tan down the center

Seat turned out nice.
So did the fenders. Hard to say about the accent stripe without seeing the other parts on . If you mock up the tank and guard you'll be able to tell is it needs another accent stripe of if you have enough already.
Good work!!!!

Really wanted to do leather for the seat but all the leather I had was to thin or to thick so I went with pleather. Think Im going to wait till I get the rack finished before I decide on the fender inserts. Hopefully I can start getting it put together soon. I need to start shining some chrome and fabbing up some truss rods

No new pics but got the rear fender mounted so I could start working on skirt guards for it. will get pics once I start cutting them out.

Re: Chantilly Lace (getting some skirts)

Got the non drive side skirt cut out and painted
basic shape cut

Instead of doing tan strips on the fenders I decided to go with tan skirt guards

now to figure out how to mount it

Cool skirt guard idea.

kingfish254 said:
Cool skirt guard idea.
Thanks kingfish, been thinking about how to get some tan on the back of the bike without putting a strip of tan down the fenders and I had a sheet of this stuff laying against my garage so I figured Id try it. think Im going to get some rubberized wire clamps to mount it with.

With the lace paint, have you thought about actually using lace as your skirt guard. :idea:

kingfish254 said:
With the lace paint, have you thought about actually using lace as your skirt guard.
Actually thought about it but couldnt figure out how to attach it without it looking cheesy. figured this looked close to fishnet so went with it

dragnusa said:
kingfish254 said:
With the lace paint, have you thought about actually using lace as your skirt guard.
Actually thought about it but couldnt figure out how to attach it without it looking cheesy. figured this looked close to fishnet so went with it

What about painting the wire mesh the same darker background color you have on your fork darts, then cover it with lace painted to match the lighter color on the fork darts?

So impressive!

Momma JATS

Latest posts

Back