Chantilly Lace (She's done) 8/3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Chantilly Lace (Getting laced up)

River City Speed said:
Looks Great!
Thanks, it did turn out pretty sweet for a rattle can. before I go any further on them Im going to do some test panels and see if I want to just go with pinstripes or do a panel of another color.

Re: Chantilly Lace (Getting laced up)

dragnusa said:
Tanks after clear coat

I love how subtle the pattern is. I bet this will be a head turner when its finished. People will probably take a glance at it and then will have to glance it again to make sure that "Hey that tank is laced!" I like this!

Re: Chantilly Lace (final tear down)

Have been doing my final tear down so I could knock the dents out of the fenders and prep everything for paint. Dents came out rather painlessly wish everything else was going as good.
I get to figure out how to fix this hillbilly repair

Looks like I get to get a refresher course on welding

Stuck stem, soaked it in PB Blaster

Re: Chantilly Lace (all racked up)

After a crazy busy weekend I finally got a chance to weld up the rack and got some paint on it. I just love the shape of this rack

Thinking about this for a taillight

That's the sexiest rack I have seen since the Baywatch reunion show.

nice tail light! and cool rack :lol:

Re: Chantilly Lace (getting dressed up)

Got her painted today..... :D
On the rack ready for sanding

decked out in black

Now to get the fenders finished and painted then on to more lace work and pinstriping

Re: Chantilly Lace (keeping with in budget)

While waiting for paint to dry I decided to figure out what Ive spent so far on this build.
Bike $20
Tires $20 (WM clearance)
Extra spray paint $7 (WM clearance)
Think im doing good so far

That's an excellent budget! I've spent at least $30 on spray paint so far, and need some more clear coat. Luckily the bike was only $15, although I have had to order some other components. I figure I'll come in at around $75, which should make my wife less angry. She doesn't get why I need so many bikes.

kim_dude said:
That's an excellent budget! I've spent at least $30 on spray paint so far, and need some more clear coat. Luckily the bike was only $15, although I have had to order some other components. I figure I'll come in at around $75, which should make my wife less angry. She doesn't get why I need so many bikes.

I have probably 20 cans laying round the shop so thats helped with my paint budget. Last years build I was around $120 by the end of the build. I used the I could always be spending my money and time on worse stuff on my wife and as long as I cover the costs with bikes I sale she dont mind, and it dont hurt to build her a bike that she will fall in love with.

Latest posts

Back