Chantilly Lace (She's done) 8/3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Chantilly Lace (lace test)

Tested the lace today done gold over flat black, Im thinking about a darker color over the black would look better

Thinking about trying this out on the bike once I get to actually building

IMHO, I think you will like a light base, with the black (or even color) more so than the dark base with another color. If you are rattle canning it, maybe try a silver base. Lay the lace down and shoot the black. Maybe add a fade with the black? I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before... Maybe, cover all that with that tail light tint paint? I think Duplicolor makes it?

wow! that lace thing is great will have to keep it mind for some thing in the future

Troy

Going to try a dark bronze over the black tomorrow, wanting it more subdued almost ghosted. Was thinking the colors would be black with tan inserts and couldnt decide if I wanted gold over it all or not. so I did the test and yeah not feeling the gold and black. My shop cabinet drawers are going to be colorful after this build. lol

Critter1 said:
There's a couple builds going the lace route. I like it!
never had a chance to try it before and when i seen it on TV one night, I said I know what Im going to do on my higgins

Re: Chantilly Lace (tire fitting)

Learned my lesson last year with my wifes bike. always test fit tires before painting. decided to try the streamliners on this frame.
A little clearance

Only trouble spot but will take care of that when I get to working out the dents in the fenders

heres the main color combo I think Im going to go with, straight on it dont stand out near as much as it does in the pic

Re: Chantilly Lace (tire fitting)

Nice lace pattern.
I always try to make sure that I test fit EVERYTHING before I do any painting. Saves a lot of headaches.

Re: Chantilly Lace (getting laced up)

Thanks king, I really wanted more of a flower pattern but this pattern was in with some other fabric I got at an auction cheap so this it is.
I managed to get some stuff done today before the rain started moving in.
this is the base layer of the whole bike still have to do the insert areas on the tanks

and got a coat of paint on the chain guard

Latest posts

Back