Chantilly Lace (She's done) 8/3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Chantilly Lace (lace inserts)

Man, that paintwork is really looking topshelf...

Thanks Machine Age Victim and Mazdaflyer. Its been a learning experience but aint that what the build off is for? pushing us out of our norm and trying something new.

the color choices and that lace paintwork is freaking wicked!

Beautiful!

Momma JATS

Re: Chantilly Lace (laced darts)

About all I got done today was the darts on the fork. I did get the rest of the frame painted but closed up shop after I fubbed up and had to sand and repaint an area on the frame.

Re: Chantilly Lace (laced darts)

Nice camo mocs and darts. :p

Re: Chantilly Lace (seat ideas)

Starting to work on the small stuff now. Right now Im thinking of seat ideas
Heres the seat that came on the bike, which I would love to use but its a single pan

heres my other options a troxel seat off a 24 inch girls bike

Just dont really like how the springs are hidden on the troxel

I havn't been following too many builds this year, but this is one I have been. You went were I was hoping you'd go with the lace work and then some. I'll vote for this girls bike!

LowpowerD said:
I havn't been following too many builds this year, but this is one I have been. You went were I was hoping you'd go with the lace work and then some. I'll vote for this girls bike!
Thanks, I figured the lace would only work if I went all out with it.
Critter1 said:
Dude that lace really pops on the white!! ..which is a great contrast to how subtle it is on the darker paint. This thing is looking great!!
Thanks, It worked better then I could have expected, I had almost decided to just pinstripe an area on the tanks but really think just the pinstripes wouldnt have had near the effect

Sorry no updates in the last couple days, Ive been trying to recover from a self induced slight concussion. I was doing my nightly rounds saturday night and was checking the pump in the basement and when I went to go up the stairs I raised my head to fast and smacked the top of my head on the beam at the bottom of the stairs

Seat idea........get an old lace table cloth and cover the seat. OK, not very original given what you've already done...nice work...
"You make me act so funny, make me spend my money".....

How about a black leather with brass tacks for the seat, would be Stevie Nicks style leather and lace.

NewOrleansFlyer said:
Seat idea........get an old lace table cloth and cover the seat. OK, not very original given what you've already done...nice work...
"You make me act so funny, make me spend my money".....

aratman said:
How about a black leather with brass tacks for the seat, would be Stevie Nicks style leather and lace.
If I go with the single pan seat Im thinking black leather with antiqued brass rapid rivets. If I go with the double pan it will still have black leather but no rivets and a little extra treatment

Latest posts

Back