Chantilly Lace (She's done) 8/3

Jan 12, 2012
Brookfield, Missouri
Re: Chantilly Lace (Getting laced up)

River City Speed said:
Looks Great!
Thanks, it did turn out pretty sweet for a rattle can. before I go any further on them Im going to do some test panels and see if I want to just go with pinstripes or do a panel of another color.

Nov 21, 2011
Richmond/Staunton, VA
Re: Chantilly Lace (Getting laced up)

dragnusa said:
Tanks after clear coat
I love how subtle the pattern is. I bet this will be a head turner when its finished. People will probably take a glance at it and then will have to glance it again to make sure that "Hey that tank is laced!" I like this!

Jan 12, 2012
Brookfield, Missouri
Re: Chantilly Lace (final tear down)

Have been doing my final tear down so I could knock the dents out of the fenders and prep everything for paint. Dents came out rather painlessly wish everything else was going as good.
I get to figure out how to fix this hillbilly repair

Looks like I get to get a refresher course on welding

Stuck stem, soaked it in PB Blaster

Jan 12, 2012
Brookfield, Missouri
Re: Chantilly Lace (all racked up)

After a crazy busy weekend I finally got a chance to weld up the rack and got some paint on it. I just love the shape of this rack

Thinking about this for a taillight

Jan 12, 2012
Brookfield, Missouri
Re: Chantilly Lace (getting dressed up)

Got her painted today..... :D
On the rack ready for sanding

decked out in black

Now to get the fenders finished and painted then on to more lace work and pinstriping

Jan 12, 2012
Brookfield, Missouri
Re: Chantilly Lace (keeping with in budget)

While waiting for paint to dry I decided to figure out what Ive spent so far on this build.
Bike $20
Tires $20 (WM clearance)
Extra spray paint $7 (WM clearance)
Think im doing good so far

Jan 22, 2013
Virginia Beach, VA

That's an excellent budget! I've spent at least $30 on spray paint so far, and need some more clear coat. Luckily the bike was only $15, although I have had to order some other components. I figure I'll come in at around $75, which should make my wife less angry. She doesn't get why I need so many bikes.

Jan 12, 2012
Brookfield, Missouri

kim_dude said:
That's an excellent budget! I've spent at least $30 on spray paint so far, and need some more clear coat. Luckily the bike was only $15, although I have had to order some other components. I figure I'll come in at around $75, which should make my wife less angry. She doesn't get why I need so many bikes.
I have probably 20 cans laying round the shop so thats helped with my paint budget. Last years build I was around $120 by the end of the build. I used the I could always be spending my money and time on worse stuff on my wife and as long as I cover the costs with bikes I sale she dont mind, and it dont hurt to build her a bike that she will fall in love with.