Chain advise...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
New to forum, and I just have a question regarding a chain for a build for my son. A '66 Stingray with 36T Lucky 7
Can anyone recommend a source and type (brand) of chain I should be considering?
All help is appreciated!!
Rick

Hi All,
New to forum, and I just have a question regarding a chain for a build for my son. A '66 Stingray with 36T Lucky 7
Can anyone recommend a source and type (brand) of chain I should be considering?
All help is appreciated!!
Rick
I mean, basically any 1/8" bicycle (single speed) chain will work. I like Izumi.

If you're looking for the CORRECT chain for a restoration, I can't help you. I like to cut up old bikes, not collect them.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Except for rare specialty bikes, there's pretty much only 2 types of bike chains: narrow (3/32) for bikes with derailleurs, and wide (1/8) for everything else. I have gone so far as to buy a chain at Walmart because that was the only place open and they happen to sell both types. Worked fine.

Except for rare specialty bikes, there's pretty much only 2 types of bike chains: narrow (3/32) for bikes with derailleurs, and wide (1/8) for everything else. I have gone so far as to buy a chain at Walmart because that was the only place open and they happen to sell both types. Worked fine.
Thanks for the info....

Latest posts

Back