Canuckles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I picked up this CCM a couple of months back. Now that school's wrapping up for the semester, I can give it a little attention.
It's a pretty sweet bike! I had an idea to use an old sissy bar as truss rods. I didn't like the legs being straight, so I used my tubing roller and gave them a little curve.
I like the look! I added a bar where the holes for the seat were to make a "cage" of sorts for a future headlight.
The handlebars are really narrow, and I like how the seat looks where it is, so I'm trying out some apes I had.
I'm REALLY liking the look of it now!
I've got some cleaning to do still, but it's coming along nicely, I think!

Voyager Al said:
cool. Use a cable clamp and mount the light to the crossbar on the truss bars.
Thanks! I personally like to keep my headlights low and tight. I like to get them inline with the top tube if possible, and keep them as close to the steer tube as possible...just my personal preference.

Got the bushing ground to level the light more...
Had to take out the crossbar, so I added some of my favorite spikes in its place...

You are very creative. I like using the banana seat support for a fork truss.

Back at this one after a long break...I got rid of a few bikes, one of which had a rear rack and basket...so, I needed a bike that I could haul stuff in if needed. (The sissy bar truss rods have been used elsewhere...although, I really liked the look and may do another set).
I had an old Pop Shoppe crate that I've been wanting to use, and I liked the rear baskets, especially since I like the headlight where it is.
Here's how it sits...

I was going to run a few supports down to the axle, but it is surprisingly sturdy on the fender. I will put some zip ties to the seat stays just for added measure. Also, I am going to make a liner to keep things in their place and out of my spokes.
I added some pin striping to the oh-so-plain fenders and chain guard...I think it helped!

Latest posts

Back