Can't Wait! AH! Now With Paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Can't Wait!

Ok so I'm sanding and thinking all the joints look good. If the weather gives me a break tomorrow
I'm ready for paint. Then it hits me...I have forgotten one of the most important parts of a bicycle.
Well unless you wear spandex and ride a 20 oz carbon fiber bike.....The dang Kickstand. Got one built.

DSCF0003_zps3c351643.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok so I'm sanding and thinking all the joints look good. If the weather gives me a break tomorrow
I'm ready for paint. Then it hits me...I have forgotten one of the most important parts of a bicycle.
Well unless you wear spandex and ride a 20 oz carbon fiber bike.....The dang Kickstand. Got one built.

DSCF0003_zps3c351643.jpg
nice...

I had these two chrome bars that were in an old wood vise I wasn't using.
They make nice kick stands...already chromed so they look good. :wink:

Glad you like it. Almost through. A little paint and some parts and I'm finished.

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Duece after looking at the new posts on their scratch builds, Makes me want to
throw mine in the scrap pile.

I can give you my address, I'll pay for shipping to my garage. I would even name my garage "Scrap Pile" if it helped. :wink:

Thats funny. I sometime think I have talent till I see people that really can build a professional
looking bike. Its kinda humbling to see the quality of bikes that they produce.
Oh well I just do it for fun. mine will look pretty good when its done. Still should have learned
to tig weld when I was younger. The welding quality is what makes the difference.

Ok the rain stopped and the temp is up to about 60ish. I started spraying the primer.
Warning do not stare at white primer in bright sun for any length of time. My eyes are
still trying to adjust. SNOW BLINDNESS SUCKS! Anyway I noticed right off that my body work
isn't up to a professional level either. :shock: If I was a perfectionist I might go back and work
on the bondo some more....NOT! Its time for paint, the bondo/sanding time has ended. So I
will let it dry in the hot sun and then shoot the color on.
DSCF0001_zps946575ee.jpg
[/url]

Funny how staring at this Mongoose Beast in my garage with 100mm rims makes even these wheels seem fairly narrow...ha ha.

What is that hole in the frame?

I drilled a hole through the frame for the shifter cable. It will run through the frame and come out
on the bottom under the seat tube. I welded a couple nuts drilled out on the chain stay
to route it to the wheel.

Thanks Lucas. Still have to get some longer bars and then hookup the chain and shifter.
The paint is a little new to do too much to it.

Latest posts

Back