Can't Wait! AH! Now With Paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok its all thawed out here and we have the house painted inside and lots of updates done. I'm really
bored and Can't Wait a month to start a build off bike so, I'm going to start now. Its better because no rules
here on what I do.
So today I extended my Girvin fork and it turned out good. Having a cool fork with a wheel sitting around
doing nothing sucks. I decided to stick it on the frame I started a while back. The fiasco of trying to wrap
the seat post around the wheel was dumb. The front of the frame looked good but it wasn't going anywhere
trying to mate it to a bunch of experimenting stuff ,so I quit. I stuck it on this fork tonight and it looks pretty
good. I was going to chop the downtube and the bottom tube and make them run level to the ground. After
staring at it for several hours, I decided to leave it like it is and go from here. So here is the start.
This fork
DSCF0005_zpsb7647361-1.jpg

On this frame
DSCF0002_zps9789858d.jpg

Re: Can't Wait!

Thanks. I don't normally build a chopper type bike, but what the heck. It will
look kinda crazy with that fork on it. Should be a fun build. Will at least give
everybody something to watch till they start of the build off.

Thanks guys , Hopefully it will turn out good. Who knows. I have lots of time and a new
welder to play with so it will let me practice some while I build.
A stretchblade. Is that even a word?

Yeah Luke there is no telling on what this one will look like. Gonna give it a go and see
what I can come up with, It all for fun anyway. :wink:

After looking at my build for a while, I see things about that fork I don't like. The built
in stem is way up in the air and even though I have access to a person with a tig that
could change it, I really don't see a way to design it better. Then when I stick a regular
fork in the frame it looks lots better. Well actually looks like it was designed to look. It is
what I normally build , so wouldn't be anything exciting. Kinda stuck till I work it out.
DSCF0003_zps6e15a6de.jpg

Got the dropouts made and tacked on. They cause me trouble this time for some reason.
Normally I cut them out and tack them on in an hour or so. Oh well.
I'm glad everybody like it better with the short fork. The problem is it looks pretty good
but just like all the ones I build. May have to spiff it up some or something.
DSCF0002_zps85685db1.jpg

DSCF0003_zpsd892cad9.jpg

Yeah Luke I already have one bike that the added rake makes the fork kinda twitchy. It always looks good
but kinda a pain to ride. I will probably leave is like this and see what other stuff I can design to add to the looks.

Latest posts

Back