Can't Wait! AH! Now With Paint!

Uncle Stretch

Feb 9, 2008
Pearland,Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: Can't Wait!

Ok so I'm sanding and thinking all the joints look good. If the weather gives me a break tomorrow
I'm ready for paint. Then it hits me...I have forgotten one of the most important parts of a bicycle.
Well unless you wear spandex and ride a 20 oz carbon fiber bike.....The dang Kickstand. Got one built.

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok so I'm sanding and thinking all the joints look good. If the weather gives me a break tomorrow
I'm ready for paint. Then it hits me...I have forgotten one of the most important parts of a bicycle.
Well unless you wear spandex and ride a 20 oz carbon fiber bike.....The dang Kickstand. Got one built.

nice...

Uncle Stretch

Feb 9, 2008
Pearland,Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had these two chrome bars that were in an old wood vise I wasn't using.
They make nice kick stands...already chromed so they look good. :wink:

Glad you like it. Almost through. A little paint and some parts and I'm finished.

May 21, 2012
Minnesota
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Duece after looking at the new posts on their scratch builds, Makes me want to
throw mine in the scrap pile.
I can give you my address, I'll pay for shipping to my garage. I would even name my garage "Scrap Pile" if it helped. :wink:

Uncle Stretch

Feb 9, 2008
Pearland,Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thats funny. I sometime think I have talent till I see people that really can build a professional
looking bike. Its kinda humbling to see the quality of bikes that they produce.
Oh well I just do it for fun. mine will look pretty good when its done. Still should have learned
to tig weld when I was younger. The welding quality is what makes the difference.

Uncle Stretch

Feb 9, 2008
Pearland,Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok the rain stopped and the temp is up to about 60ish. I started spraying the primer.
Warning do not stare at white primer in bright sun for any length of time. My eyes are
still trying to adjust. SNOW BLINDNESS SUCKS! Anyway I noticed right off that my body work
isn't up to a professional level either. :shock: If I was a perfectionist I might go back and work
on the bondo some more....NOT! Its time for paint, the bondo/sanding time has ended. So I
will let it dry in the hot sun and then shoot the color on.
[/url]

Uncle Stretch

Feb 9, 2008
Pearland,Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled a hole through the frame for the shifter cable. It will run through the frame and come out
on the bottom under the seat tube. I welded a couple nuts drilled out on the chain stay
to route it to the wheel.