Can't Wait! AH! Now With Paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Can't Wait!

I'll admit, like Steve, I was having trouble keeping up with which bike was which. Makes it that much more interesting.

Any minute Chuck will pop in and say how great this bike looks and then we'll all know why you built it...ha ha! :lol:

The only real question is...when does Chuck want you to drop it off. :lol:

Really I was just playing with those forks and I stuck them on this part of a frame to see what
they looked like...Well they looked like crap and so I stuck a regular fork on . Then I started
building this frame like I knew what I was doing.....getting old getting old.

Well I found a place I wanted the BB and I have it tacked on ...looks pretty good so far.

DSCF0002_zpsdb49ae51.jpg

On a straight line I can do really good. All poked around trying to chase a weld on tubing
is a challenge. I like there is no splatter and I can actually see the weld. I'm going to try
to rig up a clamp system where I can position the work better. If I can get to it, I can weld it.
Just sideways in my vice limits my abilities.
Yeah I though a curved tube on the BB would fit better. Glad you like it so far.

Yeah I just have to cut them off and weld more dropouts on them. Not a biggie , but
the built in stem kinda looks goofy sticking up as far as it does.

So last night for dinner my wife made a chicken dish and added a large dose of her Hot! home made
salsa . It always gives me weird dreams. Last night was no different. I woke up about 4 thinking about
how the bars should look on this build. I could have gotten up and gone to the shop and built them.
Decided against it. I don't have a way to bend 1'' tubing in a curve. I decided to clamp a piece to the
edge of my outdoor table that is welded to a large pipe in the ground. It creaked and groaned ,and I
think I pulled something in my back but it bent nice. So with a little designing this is what I came up
with. It may be higher or shorter but this is the game plan so far.
DSCF0001_zpsaf92be33.jpg

DSCF0001_zps2eb957ae.jpg

Thanks Dr T and Steve. I seriously doubt I will play in the build off. I'm kinda having my own private
one right now, there is just no voting or competition. :wink:

Those handlebars are seriously cool. I might borrow that one for a bike I have here.
BTW, the bottom bracket piece is also cool, its a good way to use some of those leftover pieces that are always laying around.

peace

Rich

Thanks Rich. I had another bent 1 1/2'' like my seatpost and I cut off enough for the BB.
I figured it should be curved instead of a straight piece. Anybody is welcome to use anything
I design. The whole reason I do this is to try and give people ideas and the desire to build one
of their own. If they see how easy this is I always hope they will try one. :D

Burn a little of Steve's real estate. Proud of the build so far and my yard is looking good too. :wink:
DSCF0002_zps1548f402.jpg

DSCF0010_zpse3ab8348.jpg

DSCF0006_zps99210db7.jpg

DSCF0004_zps6b7622e4.jpg

Nice thinking outside of the box. Those look awesome. I was just thinking you need some hot sauce mojo.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Glad you like them Clancy. They may not stay. I'm just playing now. Betty hated that headlight and likes this one.
Wonder if anybody would notice if I entered it in the anything goes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSCF0001_zpsc1182bcc.jpg

DSCF0002_zpsf966efab.jpg

Latest posts

Back