Cannibal on a budget

Discussion in 'GAS POWERED BIKES' started by motorhedfred, Nov 26, 2017.

1. motorhedfred

motorhedfred

I'm smitten by the Nirve Cannibal/Switchblade bikes but can't afford to be bitten by the price. I'm not keen to lay out several hundred dollars for a new bicycle and then start cutting on it.

After much searching, I found this. Probably made on the same production line as the Nirve bikes.

https://pearllin.en.ecplaza.net/products/pc-326030m-chopper-bike_50071

I don't care that it's a single speed, nor do I care that it doesn't have a fancy design on the saddle...ect.

Does anyone know how to find one of these in the USA?

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6

Those bikes should show up on EBay, eventually.

3. Bike Bum

Bike Bum

Swellsville, USA. Where Everything Is Just Swell.
    When I lived in San Diego, a sporting goods store was selling these Nerve bikes for $120 bucks. I should have bought everyone of them but for that price I figured they were just another cheap Chinese junk bike that wouldn't last a year. I asked the store manager why they were selling them so cheap, and he said because nobody wanted them and they couldn't sell them. Crazy!! I'm still kicking myself for not at least buying one of them.

4. motorhedfred

motorhedfred

I did finally score one of these. It's a well kept 2004 3-speed in medium metallic blue. I like it but it's too nice to cut up and kind of a pain to ride because it's got that "chopper flop" in the front end. I bought it for a decent price, so when the weather breaks next spring, I'll probably sell it and put the $ toward something else.

5. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Missed out on one of these a few years ago, and am still kicking myself. I was holding out for a cantilever, as if I would only want one cruiser. Duh 9AqHpE5iYCzM5Y1h.jpeg Mopar on no bike. How good would that look next to my 05 Neon? Lol