Cafe Racer.....Moped Style

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So seeing Rat Rods Jawa got me impatient in posting up my Jawa build.
She's almost done. I'm the worst at documenting builds, but here are a few pics before, during and after....

1988 Jawa, $250 bucks. Pretty haggard looking, but runs!
100_1178.jpg

100_1179.jpg

The first thing to do was ditch the bars and add a top tube to get the tank horizontal.
100_1186.jpg

Needed a rear cowl type tail peice, this was an old aluminum floor lamp I found in a trashpile and used it for a headlight on another bike
100_1198.jpg

cut in half and I got a tailsection
100_1200.jpg

Mock up cardboard seatpan to see how it will look.
100_1201.jpg
100_1209.jpg

Aluminum seatpan and tail together.
100_1212.jpg

Now that the tank would be level, the hole had to be filled in and a new one put on top.
100_1204.jpg

Now the bad documentation part, here it is done. Around $350 bucks into it, new tires and tubes and a little British Racing Green paint job and some checkers ans she's ready to tear up the neighborhood.
100_1372.jpg

100_1365.jpg

100_1373.jpg

100_1366.jpg

100_1367.jpg

100_1368.jpg

100_1364.jpg

Holy smokes!!! :shock:

That looks incredible.

Give us some insight into the engine mods.

Are you really going to sit on sandpaper?....ha ha!

Man, that thing looks great now. You came up
with some really creative mods to it, that's
for sure.

Here I'm thinking how to get one going pretty
much in stock form and you go the totally
opposite direction.

Great job on it. I love it.

PS - with the drag bars on it and that laid out
seat you probably need a set of pegs on the
back somewhere that would let you lay out
on it and take it across the salt flats!! :D

Kenny send the guy you got it from a picture of it hahaha.

Hah-Hah...it does look like grip Tape on there, it is actually a rubbery type tape, pretty comfy too :roll:

Rat Rod- No Mods to the motor, just the pipe. Being and older motor I thought changing one thing would lead to changing another and then another and so on.
She runs pretty good right now. The old owner said it will run 37mph all day. With the bigger tires and Pipe, I should be at 40mph. That's fast enough on a Ped. :D

Thanks for the compliments Guys!

Well, looks like the challenge is on.

My Dad is going to drop my Jawa off at my Uncle's house and he has an old electric wheel chair....Wal-Mart scooter type thing that he is going to yank the electric motor on and build into the Jawa.

See what kind of trouble you started Kenny!

Cool ride Kenny. BRG is my favourite colour!

I don't want to hijack this topic but I think this fits in well, taking an old vehicle and changing it around. A friend and I built this scooter, it took us 2 years to get it done! It started out as a busted up Rally 200, well beyond restauration.

The rear half was built from scratch, new suspension, new seat stays, everything. Lots of fabrication and parts from other bikes and scooters, ususally freebies or junk-picked. Spray-can flat black paint job, of course. The result was a huge hit on the local scootering scene. We even got the aproval of the Hardly Rideables! (check them out if you're into ratty vehicles: http://www.hardlyrideable.co.uk/ ).

DSC02443.JPG

DSC03512.JPG

DSC04981.JPG

DSC06605.JPG

Hugo

We didn't have time to put padding on the seat before the big rally. Since it was confortable that way and it looked ratty, we left it with the bare springs. People kept asking us "is that seat confortable?", they wouldn't believe it.

And yes, my mate was smoking even despite the leaky fuel tap. :shock:

Hugo

Hugo said:
We didn't have time to put padding on the seat before the big rally. Since it was confortable that way and it looked ratty, we left it with the bare springs. People kept asking us "is that seat confortable?", they wouldn't believe it.

And yes, my mate was smoking even despite the leaky fuel tap. :shock:

Hugo
I like your's also, but I was talking about kenny's.

As a moped guy I think it's very cool... maybe I should try something similar with my Garelli:

100_0928.jpg

You da man Hugo!
Very Road Warrior lookin'.

ACD --That Garelli has got serious potential!

Master Shake...when I find some really thin pad type stuff it will go on, I had to have something there so I could ride around on it :D

Latest posts

Back