Burner Cruiser (and how-to make a simple jig)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I posted my recent build, I thought you may want to see what I did back in 2012. I apologize, for some reason the rest of pics aren't showing up on my computer. This was a bike built for Burning Man, thats why it may be a little crazy compared to some other stuff people ride down your street.

Mainly, I want to show others that with a little backwoods ingenuity it's easy to make a functional frame jig. Even if the 4x4 isn't straight! Notice the thin door-jam wood shims I used to square up the axle mounts. Just measure a little bit and screw it down, then start welding!
IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

Sorry I try to dig up the other pics or just dig it out of back of shed and shoot some fresh. Hmm, good idea, I kinda want to ride this thing since I'm not going to the playa this year either. Anyway, I built another chopper bike on the same wooden jig. When I find where this stuff is saved I should have pics of that too.

oh and sorry the title kinda sucks since this isn't really a how-to. Just gaze upon these pics and then see what kind of scrap you can assemble into your own jig.

Took this beast out for a ride today. Amazed at how smooth and how well everything still works.
How do you make a derailleur system work in extreme environment? Keep it simple stupid. Cheap plastic friction shifters move between two gears each for a durable, wide ratio 4 speed. Either side of travel is one gear, so no misaligned grinding in between gears.

Heres some of the features:
Mech disc brake
4 speed
internal cable routing
coil spring front and rear suspension
two seating positions- banana seat has springs and extra ergo-padding
At least two handlebar positions
cup holder
solar charged li-ion, LED lighting
and more...
image_22.jpg
image_21.jpg