Builds Going Out

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of cluttering up the builds forum with individual posts on each build going out, i'll just drop them all here.

Just went out yesterday, 1990's Specialized Epic Carbon that was restored/customized for a local brewery owner. Super nice Shimano Tri-Color 600 drivetrain and 105 hubs/brakes.
CRSpecializedEpicRoad.jpg

Those Exage U-Brakes are BEEFY, as are the cantis up front. The rear thumbie is indexed/friction. The only additions I did were grips, tires, left thumbie, cables/housings and a later model Exage wheelset.

I finally got a decent frameset for a 1x9 trail bike build for the next door neighbor's son. Giant Sedona ATX, 100% Chromoly, both the frame and fork. It's gonna be nimble.

I love those old splatters and fades. But I have to argue that ATX Sedona was not a one year model, unless you have something else that makes it unique. Here's the 92 catalog.
1992-giant-bicycle-catalog-cfm-atx_1_1e5be3f65d419f93bfb2bf93750d3153 (1).jpg
1992-giant-bicycle-catalog-cfm-atx_1_1e5be3f65d419f93bfb2bf93750d3153.jpg

I've seen em (online pics, information taken with a grain of salt) listed as 92 to about 95

That Fleet Streak finish is poppin'.
20200723_180252.jpg

I was going to upgrade more than a few things on it, but decided to leave that at the wheelset and shifters. Going 7-speed (from 6) in order to get a Shimano MegaRange on to compensate for the huge double crankset that is the very cool Sugino No6. Shifters, keeping the drivetrain completely Shimano with a set of Z series stem shifters, which match the Z series derailleurs. The Dia-Compe knock-off brakes and levers just had to stay, as they cleaned up nicely and keep the OE look together.

Looks like this whole resto thing is going really well for you!
Thank you, Cap'n!

The Fleet Streak is going out this morning.

I have a promo bike in progress, based on a 1987 Murray Monterey. I'd like to concentrate primarily on custom/resto, resto and promotional custom/restos. Trying to get some buzz generated beyond Longmont...

Giant was into that kind of paint scheme back then. My '93 Innova was originally plum with silver drizzles under the clear coat (that I think was tinted to match the main color) somewhat like that Sedona, but it had sort of a marbling effect rather than sunburst. That also might have been a one-year scheme.

A friend coordinated a free score of three bikes and I offered up a resto of the bike of their choice from the mix. The Electra Hawaii was chosen. It had a litany of issues and was quite grimy, but I whipped through it and they are stoked.
20200914_190251.jpg

The other two bikes are a 90's Special-ed Allez and an earlier Shimano 600 Tri-Color clad Tange Infinity tubed Wheeler. That Wheeler is going to be super nice.

I've completed a few other builds and made progress on a half-dozen other unfinished projects, but plan on keeping a bit of radio silence for a while longer in order to clear the proverbial plate to get my motorcycle and Karmann Ghia back on the road.

Latest posts

Back