BUILD OFF DISCUSSION AREA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The buildoff we've been waiting for but it comes at the wrong time for me, I wonder if I can pull it off in time ?
Ya know I have all the parts but its the time factor ???? Trying to get ready for Winter in the mountains and
Steelhead Season is here , I traded my bikes for chainsaws and float rods :mrgreen:
I guess I'm in

Uncle Stretch said:
Well this will be fun . I need to start drinking where I can move a little past traditional thinking....like way past. They say if you eat the worm in a bottle of mescal you will see God. Wonder If that might get me some direction?
I did eat the worm once but the only thing i saw was my stomach lining :D
I think i might just try to build something, i did get a bike motor in the mail the other day 8)

maddogrider said:
i did get a bike motor in the mail the other day

Ok let me get this straight , you went out to your mailbox and there was a bike motor in there. All I ever get is those circulars. :roll:

Uncle Stretch said:
maddogrider said:
i did get a bike motor in the mail the other day

Ok let me get this straight , you went out to your mailbox and there was a bike motor in there. All I ever get is those circulars. :roll:
No man it wasnt just a bike motor it came with a really nice box around it :mrgreen: Oh and a new Harbor Frieght add. The brain storming has started.

i have been out of the bikes for a few months now, and i log on and find there is a new buildoff!

i see you guys are all choppin like mad! the 2 bikes i have left in my collection to restore are a 35 silver king and a 49 ultra delux hiawatha "luxury liner"... cant chop those!

anyone have a complete cruiser for cheap?

Ohh man...
Of course i want in, but i dont know what i could build...with school and all stopping me, ive got alot to do.
I could finish up these:
"The Instigator"
"The Union Jack"
I dont think i could do either of these in time, i want the union jack to be near perfect...so that would end up being a problem

Theres lots of bikes i could build to sell though...
Oh jeez

What if I have a bike that I would like to enter. But I have had lots of help with it and the person that is helping would like to build their own and enter it. Would that be okay?

giggles13 said:
What if I have a bike that I would like to enter. But I have had lots of help with it and the person that is helping would like to build their own and enter it. Would that be okay?
well heres the rules......
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the Subject.
3. Bike must not already be built.
4. Must include before, progress, and after photos (all in one thread please)
5. Bike must be ridable.
other than that im staying out of it(ive always opened too many cans o' worms as it is :wink: )

I've got to switch to plan B, and I was about to ask if what I was going to do would be within the guidelines.

Then I read it again, "Anything goes" so I don't need to ask.

Well, I finished the tour, rode by butt off (almost literally) and learned a lot about how to ride a chopper (or "crank forward" bike for those who know what that is) long distances.

In the meantime, I'm putting together a pile of parts to mock up something for the buildoff. I've got some crazy ideas (well, for you guys, it's normal) so we'll see what I can put together and finish. I will have to get creative as to how to put it together... still don't have a welder, but I have a torch good for brazing! Hopefully I'll get to learn how to use it.

If I build something, it's not going to be practical... I already have a few "ridable" bikes! :)

FunkyStickman said:
Well, I finished the tour, rode by butt off (almost literally) and learned a lot about how to ride a chopper (or "crank forward" bike for those who know what that is) long distances.

In the meantime, I'm putting together a pile of parts to mock up something for the buildoff. I've got some crazy ideas (well, for you guys, it's normal) so we'll see what I can put together and finish. I will have to get creative as to how to put it together... still don't have a welder, but I have a torch good for brazing! Hopefully I'll get to learn how to use it.

If I build something, it's not going to be practical... I already have a few "ridable" bikes! :)

Congrats on the ride, I did a 50 for MS on my 1985 Schwinn Traveler a few years back. I was pretty shocked that I made it, although the last 10 miles felt like my knee was under a buzz saw blade, it was a fun time.

Sometimes things just come together with out a whole lot of thought...

For my autistic son
AutismRat.jpg

AutismRat1.jpg

Ok I just reread the rules and it said a before picture...hummm would that be at the steel place where I bought the tubing??? :shock:

Cool!
Another build-off. Too bad I somehow missed it. Haven't been browsing through these pages like I used to for months. Lack of time and lack of funds are the main reasons though. But when I was reading all the posts and seeing all of the insane bikes you're building I remembered a sculpture one of my friends was building using a sketch from another friend:

eroded_city_cycle_7.jpg

^ Eroded City Cycle-sculpture by E R O S I E and B U T C H.

Too bad it ain't ridable and therefor not suitable for the build-off so I posted pics and info on this sculpture and other artwork of both artists in the art-gallery-post. Check it out at:
Bicycle-art by E R O S I E and B U T C H (Holland)

Oh, and GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!

u can tell when it gets down to the wire in these build offs. no one posts cause they are busy thrashing. there are some super cool bikes in this group should be real interesting.

Latest posts

Back