BUILD OFF 4 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of... we actually played a few Reel Big Fish tunes, but we mostly played Motown/funk with a few rock tunes thrown in... Commodores, James Brown, some Blues Brothers, Wild Cherry, Huey Lewis and the News, Ides of March, plus some local flavor Mardi Gras tunes. We play a little bit of everything.

cool! is that what the blues bros. getup is for in your avatar?

That was an exciting night for me. I REALLY wanted to go to sleep but was too anxious about the outcome, and hated that I would miss all the fun from those last few hours before closing time. So I stayed up till 3:00am...

My three votes went to...

My number one:
07_29_stripped__teased_1.jpg

The Stripped and teased. My absolute number one in this build-off, and possibly my all time favorite for some time to come...
Kram did a beautiful job getting the lines and stance PERFECT. The big'n'little tires, the classic springer, the subtle gearshifter, the bare metal finish with a subtle paintjob, the VERY creative and humorous lightdesign, etc... But the best of all: It fits just perfectly together. If I had the opportunity, I'd like to build me one of these...

My number two:
07_30_hot_rod_girl_2.jpg

The Hotrodgirl was such an amazing transformation... Onelesspedestrian took a bike that had no appealing lines at all and made it with some 'simple' altering absolutely gorgious. It definately can compete with most of the traditional 'american-styled' frames. And it did. It makes me take a second glance at all the plainjane girliebikes we all would throw away. I would love to own this now mean and traditional looking bike...

My number three:
05_17_country_rat_amf_3.jpg

Choosing the runners-up was extremely difficult. Literaly every bike had something unique, and Rustydawg's Country Rat had something that just blew me away. That rusty farmer-fork made into a springer. It's not only raw-ratrod-looking, it's a completely functional and beautiful springer set-up. Lot's of humour, especially with that rotten fruit cargo. But it's the fork that did it for me. Outragious, but with beautiful lines...

But there are lot's of bikes that could've been my number two or three. Karfer did a great job on his bike and he really deserves first place. So congrats to him! My girlfriend picked the very clean Next Cloth Blood and FatRat as her personal favorites. For me they also belong in the top three. And then there was...

Well, you get my point. This build has generated a lot of outstanding bikes. And I'm looking forward for the next build!
Bigger. Better. Badder. Larger. More carbs. Etc.

Thanks for letting me play along.

thanks so much for the kind words, herr_rudolf. Stripped and teased is one of my favourites as well, and now that you've posted the 2 pictures back to back, it's easy to see why. lol maybe Hot Rod Girl and Stripped and Teased should go on a date :lol:

lol and the hooligan would be like the punk greaser in the next booth shooting spit balls :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back