BUILD OFF 3 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good question.

I know that if you just change the image tag dimensions without changing the actual photo dimensions then things get scary.

Usually it equates to huge photos taking forever to load on the page even though they look small.

Kind of weird that Flickr doesn't offer an 800x600 option.

I just want to say that when I thought about whether to enter in this build off, I looked at the bikes in the previous build offs and thought, I can do this. this time you guys have taken it to a higher level. last build off I may have had a chance, this one I'm not so sure. I'm kinda feelin like you guys were sandbaggin before. I'm gonna have to see if I can't pull something out. is it because I'm form the cabe? you can't have some purist like me even make it to the top ten? as we keep moving to the finish, you guys sure are ramping it up. Godzilla doesn't go down easy!
Scott 8)
P.S. this sure has been worth it!

37fleetwood said:
I just want to say that when I thought about whether to enter in this build off, I looked at the bikes in the previous build offs and thought, I can do this. this time you guys have taken it to a higher level. last build off I may have had a chance, this one I'm not so sure. I'm kinda feelin like you guys were sandbaggin before. I'm gonna have to see if I can't pull something out. is it because I'm form the cabe? you can't have some purist like me even make it to the top ten? as we keep moving to the finish, you guys sure are ramping it up. Godzilla doesn't go down easy!
Scott 8)
P.S. this sure has been worth it!
sheeeeeeeeeshhhh....id say youve got a great chance at being in the top 10.....
as for the level of the builds weve just had more time to think of what we were going to do this year(that and theres been lots who lurked and then signed up here thatve swapped from other forms) but yeah the level of the builds have gone up quite a bit and personally im happy about that(it keeps us all thinking 'what can i do that hasnt been done?' 'is this what i want it to represent?' 'can i actually build this?' etc.etc.etc......)if we dont use our ideas our minds stagnate and then the hobby(for lack of a better word!) suffers
personally id like to say thanks for everyone entering! i know ive had a blast and love seeing everyones ideas come to fruition :mrgreen:

i think if you build the bike you want instead of building the bike you think would win, you cant be disappointed, doesnt mean you cant pull out all the tricks at the same time though :mrgreen:

and you definatley havent made it easy to win Scott :wink:

You guys are talking loser talk! lol j/k. This years build has been amazing. Everyone has done an excellent job creating some really beatiful machines. I'm glad that there is more people joining the site and bring something new and fresh. Hopefully in the near future this site can be one of the top sites for bike enthusiast around the world! :D

Everyone should be proud of what they made. Honestly there is no losers here. So pat yourselves on the back! :D

chimichanga said:
I'm glad that there is more people joining the site and bring something new and fresh. Hopefully in the near future this site can be one of the top sites for bike enthusiast around the world! :D
as far as im concerned it is :mrgreen:

CCR said:
i think if you build the bike you want instead of building the bike you think would win, you cant be disappointed, doesnt mean you cant pull out all the tricks at the same time though
chimichanga said:
You guys are talking loser talk!
first to CCR, I built exactly the bike I wanted and like it very much! :mrgreen: and I still have a few tricks yet to pull out of my bag.
next to Chimichanga, I have no intention of losing just trying to be humble. Godzilla is still gonna smash y'all just a shame that they're all so pretty.
finally this is one of only a couple bike sites I bother with at all and I'm pretty picky!
Scott 8)

yeah...me too....you know the other one i like(i just dont have that much to post as most of my stuff isnt restoration type but i like the fact that theres crossing over of the antique guys to here and the ratters to the antiques! theres alot of knowledge that we can all share and besides.......we all like cool bikes :mrgreen: )
and as for loser talk....i just have no delusions about where ill be when its voting time(doesnt matter though....i finally got around to building the bike id been seeing in my head for the past year :wink: )

got the trophy mostly done got some more paint work to do on it so i will hold off on showing it off till then. all i can say is lots of stripes :mrgreen:

well i am finaly done on Black Wicked. i'll finnish posting an pic in the build off section an post the finnished bike in that section. i am feeling alot better and getting a little stronger everyday. still can't find out what hit me. all my test have been good, which is good. so onward an upward. this has been alot of fun. the bikes are lookin really good. wow we have alot of great talent on here.it will be hard to pick any of the bikes, they are so kool.also just want to say, sorry i could not post in everyones built an tell you that i like the bike so i am telling averyone now, job well done, great builds an yes i think we alll have won. see ya at the finnish line.

Outlaw 8)

I have a question about paint, "Must be applied by builder". I was gonna enlist the kids to paint the rims, but I didn't wanna get black flagged. I am painting the rest.

just askin but does the build shut down at midnight sunday or saturday ? (so i know how fast to move my lazy butt :lol: )

and how many days is the voting open for ?

Latest posts

Back