BUILD OFF 3 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, i just counted the build off bikes. without hooches bike there are 95. is this the biggest build off yet? man all the bikes look good.

Outlaw 8)

at the beginning of the page it says how many threads there are. there are 85 in RRBO3 (unless there are more than one bike per thread :wink: ) and there were 91 in RRBO2. of course about half of the bikes in RRBO2 didn't make it to the completed section so it will probably be the same in RRBO3
Scott 8)

JoeyMac said:
(wink wink nudge nudge say no more)
Nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat say no more!!
Scott

yes each year there are a lot of bikes entered but only about half seem to end up done. but the way it is going this year that number will be much higher.

Question about rules....

Hey I wanted to get a few responses to some of my plans and see if you thought they were acceptable. I want to chop the seat tube off at the top of the frame and mount a hinged seat pan and also try and build a rear springer kind of like a Dual Spring bike. I think I can do the rear springer without modifying the frame. I'll have to weld some tabs to the drop outs but it seems like that is acceptable?

I figured Id be ok because the frame geometry wont change and I wont be cutting any of the frame tubes to make these mods....

Feelings?

Rat Rod said:
Jim said that he just happened to build the bike at the same time the build off was going on....not necessarily for the build off.

Sounds like he saw the words "COMPLETED BIKES" and posted it there not knowing about the whole build off rules.

Either way, he seems cool and isn't bothered with it all. :D
Cool enough. I'd just hate to hurt someone's feelings over it that's all. Glad everyone's happy. :)

well the rules say that this year we can cut the top of the seat tube off above the frame (which i did) and as for the rear drop outs i would say that it would work as long as you are not cutting the main frame tubes. thats my 1/2 cent but i would wait till steve rings in

Rat Rod said:
Yep...sounds good....seat tube above frame is okay.....just no hacking of the frame besides that.

thats why we were at a stand still with "Rat Regalia", after a few Bud Lights we cut the top of the seat tube off and afterwards thought about it. I was a little too proud to ask. And the build continues.........only a few more hours to go :lol:

Gold Street Customs said:
Hey guys I just put some update photos on my build I just dont know how to install the dates on the title. :?

Just go back to your first post in the thread and click the "Edit" button and then change the Subject.

Rat Rod said:
I'll be creating one. :wink:

im sure youve already thought of it but can you make the images the same size (or possibly like the gallery page) so us with smaller screens get to see the whole pic without the right side gettin chopped off.

Yeah.. that sucks getting part of a picture.... Especially when its a close up and you cant see half of what your lookin at

Thanks for the rule clarification..
I about chopped the seat tube today without knowing and couldn't bring myself to do it.. So I know what Im up to tomorrow..

CCR said:
Rat Rod said:
I'll be creating one. :wink:

im sure youve already thought of it but can you make the images the same size (or possibly like the gallery page) so us with smaller screens get to see the whole pic without the right side gettin chopped off.

Sure thing...you must be running a laptop?

yup, 3 of em :mrgreen: the one i use the most i also use for work and i went with a smaller laptop thats easier to carry around with me :roll:

I had a general question about image sizing with this code, in html, you can post an image and include "width=600" or something like that, right? Can you do that with this image posting code? My problem is flickr lets you select the size you post, but it goes from 500px width to over 1000px for the choices, without anything in between. So my pictures I post are either small or huge. Any input?

Latest posts

Back