BUILD OFF 3 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so for viewing the finished bikes there will be a page that shows one pic of each bike? may i ask that when you get that set up that each builder get to submit the one photo that is used for that? that way each builder will personally know that their fave pic is the main one shown.

Hi, I just wanted to renew my offer that if anyone needs something to help complete their bike let me know and I'll go out to the pile and see what I can find. :mrgreen:
don't wait to much longer the deadline is comming up!
Scott 8)

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, but what's up with these bikes appearing in the finished section when they never even had a build thread?

Boneshaker said:
I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, but what's up with these bikes appearing in the finished section when they never even had a build thread?
you werent the only one........
although its probably just placed in the bike builds section on accident but i was wondering also since were not supposed to comment in the finished threads :?

i would asume these were bikes that like sensor said were started in the build area and never asked an administrator to move the thread. i personally dont really mind as long as the bike was started after the start date of the build off and not started and worked on before.

and like i said before as long as the build thread was started after the start date of the contest i personally have no issue with it being entered. however if he has started building it before and was half way done with it before this whole shindig started i would cry foul, but i dont think that is the case.

it is a pretty straight foreward build, it would be more problematic for me if the bike had tons of fabrication work and we didn't know if he'd been working on it for years. this bike could have been assembled in an hour or so. I'm not saying anything about it's coolness or anything, just that it wouldn't have taken years to gather what he has. we've offered leeway to several folks on other issues... I have no problem with it in the build but maybe he can make a belated build page? if he has any photos etc.
Scott 8)

i agree, theres no reason to doubt that bike imo. but a build off thread would have saved a few quetions. regardless, i dont think it should be a problem.

please dont take me wrong....i have no problem with the bike that didnt have a thread(its a perfect example of what these builds are for :mrgreen: )
but if you look under the rrbbo 3 finished bikes heading it says......
post your final photos here-DO NOT REPLY
so i was wondering where the build thread was so i could comment on it(but i guess it doesnt matter if we comment in the final pic thread since everyone already has :? ).......this outta lose me the 1 vote i might have had :lol:
again no problem with the bike(or bikes) just wanted to post my comments in the right place is all :wink:

I'm talking with Jim right now to figure out what the scoop is. From what I can gather, he's not the build diary kind of guy. :lol:

In regards to the "DO NOT REPLY" note...that is what I was hoping for in there, but folks kept posting and I got tired of deleting so I just decided to let it go.

Once all of the entries are in I will create the finished bikes page which contains only photos of the finished bikes without any comments for voting purposes.

i beleive that in the rules you have to post an have pic so we can see what the bike looked like before. that is what i think most of us did. the bike is nice but the rules are what they are. sorry, i don't think the bike should be in. i am not really a dairey kind of guy either but i did it along with all others. well thats my oppinon.

Outlaw

i say leave it in here!i didnt mean to cause chaos...just wanted to post in the right place..his bike qualifies and he does have a build thread.i have no problem with it in the build off! in fact id love for it to be in!the more we have the more ideas we get to see and after all isnt that what this is all about?

sensor said:
i say leave it in here!i didnt mean to cause chaos...just wanted to post in the right place..his bike qualifies and he does have a build thread.i have no problem with it in the build off! in fact id love for it to be in!the more we have the more ideas we get to see and after all isnt that what this is all about?
I agree. If he had a buold thread, just move it to the build-off section... Hate to step on toes or hurt feelings over something silly like not knowing where to post...

Jim said that he just happened to build the bike at the same time the build off was going on....not necessarily for the build off.

Sounds like he saw the words "COMPLETED BIKES" and posted it there not knowing about the whole build off rules.

Either way, he seems cool and isn't bothered with it all. :D

Latest posts

Back