BUILD OFF 3 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS JUST IN!!!!! i found the base for the trophy as luck (or not depending how you look at it) a friend of mine is the only guy i know that can snap schwinn cranks, bust wheels etc due to over loading a bike with ummmm stuff. anyways he brought in his 63 schwinn typhoon frame with the down tube snapped clear through. i sold him another old schwinn and he donated his old frame to the cause so i am going to use the busted frame for the trophy. not sure what i am going to do with it yet and i will try to post pics tonight. just been busy sanding on the build off bike.

HI, I usually hang out at the cabe but I check in here once in a while. I got the e-mail about the build off and thought it might be a lot of fun. I have a bike in mind which I have wanted to build for a long time. the problem is it was put together from two frames my uncle welded together into a tandem in the '60's. my brother and I broke it in half somewhere in the '70's by taking it off a BMX jump and it sat there til my uncle gave it to me about 10 years ago. I scrapped the tandem idea and welded the girls rearend to the boys frontend and set it aside as a future project. I have since been putting together more restore type bikes and this poor old thing never got built since it isn't anything near restorable. what would I build it as? well this build off would be perfect. I asked the administrator and he said it did look basically stock but I should ask here to see if you guys approve. I don't think it violates the spirit of the buildoff as I'm not chopping it down to any kind of custom design just two halves of different bikes welded together. here is a photo of the frame taken today, please give me your feedback.
by the way I have always referred to this bike as Godzilla as the rear on the girls bike was longer than the rear on the boys bike which makes the wheelbase longer than any other stock 26" bike around.
thanx
Scott 8)
P1010522.jpg

i would want to at least see a pic of it how it sits now. in reality it does go aganst the rules but they are set like that so members who either dont have the skill or access to a welder can compeate. personally i say sure as long as it was an old repair but wait until more ok it or deny. otherwise maybe find a more stock frame to start with, and if a no verdict is handed down you can still build it and show it off in the gallery.

oops guess you did post a pic sorry darn dial up. i think it is fine looks stock to me and ripe to rip into.

just trying to keep it on the up and up
thumbs.gif

Scott 8)

here is the catch. when your done with your bike you have to post pics of it over on the cabe and give us the link so we can watch the fun that insues. or maybe it will be like the responce over on the schwinn forum which i thought was supprisingly positive showing them pics of our ratted bikes, and even i think turned a few to NOT the dark side but the rat side :D

sensor said:
heck... one of his bikes is what actually confirmed that my bike was a dayton.theyre a great group over there!
I can't remember was it this one?
side.jpg

Hooch said:
you should post a thing in the Intro area Scott and show off all them cool bikes :)
show them that "Schwinn" aint really "In"
yup!!! yours are absolutely amazing!!
and thanks for posting that here i would have but i didnt want to upset you

Scott PMed me first about his frame.

I told him since it was a really old repair and the frame looked factory I had no issues with it.

I recommended he ask everyone to see what yall thought.

Looks like everyone thinks it's cool. :D

Rat Rod said:
Scott PMed me first about his frame.

I told him since it was a really old repair and the frame looked factory I had no issues with it.

I recommended he ask everyone to see what yall thought.

Looks like everyone thinks it's cool. :D
+1.....Build it!!!

Latest posts

Back