BUILD OFF 3 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh goodness
i thought i would have some time off
since i just finished baby deluxe
guess not
now i gotta find a frame, parts, and pull an idea out of my head
hmmm...hmmm.... still thinking.....
guess i'll be getting in on this one too
if luck go my way........ watch out....

ponytailmike
mike

Oh shoot. I just noticed that the finish must be applied by the owner/builder. What if the person applying the finish was my cousin and I helped? Would that be allowed or is powder coating just not allowed at all?

Yeah there was an issue with that last time. One of the builders even voluntarily opted out. Rattle-can man!!!! RATTLE-CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Or a brush in my case. :roll:

ok, i am in. Black Wicked. i'll post pic of before when i get back home on monday. ya all gonna hav a run for ya money on this one.lol. am bringing back a 40's something mens 26" jc higgins with a skip tooth. been in my wifes family since then, could be older. this thing has been hangin in the garage since the 50's an it all works. a little wear but it's sweet. i am naming it General Custer as my wifes family name is custer an yes the general is a family member. also am bringing a 72 sears girls bike back that belongs to my mother in law. so nice score. will post pics when i get home. sorry about putting it all in here. later

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Kustom Kreator said:
dang, I just don't seem to fit into any of these build offs![/quote

AHHH!.....These can be MORE challenging then a "full blown" custom build off! Come on, give it a shot! Where else ya gonna have this much fun for the money. 8)

steve i really like that you are letting members talk in the individual posts this time. i think that is great cause then we can help each other out, talk smack, etc.... i think at least personally it makes it more fun.

That would be cool if there was like...Rat Rod Live Radio...and its just a bunch of weird guys talking on the radio about the bikes on here...kinda like the guys on the sports things

"Did you see what that kid did with those fenders?"

karfer67 said:
steve i really like that you are letting members talk in the individual posts this time. i think that is great cause then we can help each other out, talk smack, etc.... i think at least personally it makes it more fun.

We've always allowed people to post within people's build threads. :D

I think you are thinking about the final bike posts...those we try to restrict people from commenting on to keep it clean.

low_life said:
just a quick rule question would slightly stretching the rear to fit a wider tire be a frame mod? no cutting or welding just crossed figures and a bottle jack
I would think that's ok. :?:

HEY RATROD OR MODERATORS---In the last buildoff there was a single topic that had pics of all the finished bikes so it was easy to see them all at once. How about the same thing for the starting pics :?: :?: :?: :idea: :idea: :idea: :wink:
L8 EM

low_life said:
just a quick rule question would slightly stretching the rear to fit a wider tire be a frame mod? no cutting or welding just crossed figures and a bottle jack

Sounds fine to me...spreading the rear seat and chain stays is no biggie.

The rule is to keep people from building a one off custom frame or drastically modifying an existing frame.

Latest posts

Back