build off 14 first try, calling it warbonnett

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting the chain guard where it needs to be today, please excuse all the junk.
PICT1606.JPG
PICT1608.JPG

I have a setback on the warbonnet, the springer moves the tire into the fender and rubs bad, the tire is so big it hardly fits in the fender without having a springer to move it, so you can see what I am doing now trying to make the fender fit better. I eliminated the springer and am mounting the wheel right to the fork, making it necessary to move the fender or part of it back. I don`t know about making the deadline now.
PICT1610.JPG
PICT1613.JPG
PICT1615.JPG

Sorry for the springer / fender issue. Hope you can figure it out. Possibly even locking down the springer action for now. Or using a stationary fork temporarily.

I am taking the springer off and cutting the fender so the wheel can move back inside the fender, the springer had the wheel moved forward so I had more room. I still want to use this fork.

The fender has to be attached to the axle if possible and not to the fork. Then it will move along with the wheel. It has to have enough clearance between the fork blades of course. If it is attached to the fork it requires a lot of clearance for the tires, which IMHO doesn't look too good.
This is an Ural bike with a leading fork, but same problem because the fender is stationary, but the wheel is not, so that's how they solved it:
URAL_2019GearUp_Studio-2_final+(1).jpg

Hideous, really.
On this Harley however the fender is attached to the axle, which enables it to stay close to the tire:
harley-davidson-motorcycle-springer-front-fork-with-spoked-wire-wheel-EWMAPN.jpg

I hope you make it work because I quite enjoy your bike.

Last edited:
My springer works without the fender but with it, the tire hits the fender. I had the wheel out front, the spring in the back and a pivot bolt going through the fender in the middle, it worked but rubbed bad, these tires are just huge. I am trying to piece the fender together so I have clearance without using a springer. I am going to try and make the deadline, thank you for your help.

I am not going to make the deadline with the warbonnet, the fender is going to take some more fitting. You can see what I was hiding under the rags in some photo`s, I wanted to use red leds in the skulls eye sockets but didn`t have time so I used plastic jewels. I will finish warbonnet up as I get time.
PICT1648.JPG
PICT1645.JPG
PICT1646.JPG
PICT1644.JPG
PICT1652.JPG
PICT1649.JPG

aw, too bad it's not going to be in the Finished Bikes section. I was looking forward to seeing how it did in the voting.

The skull brings together the theme of the bike. Now that you aren't pressured by the deadline, may I suggest painting the feathers on the tank and guard to match the headdress? Red/black tips...

I was going to paint them to match the headdress with a touch of the bright red on the headdress to match the fenders. I wanted to get the headdress off white color on the tank, I didn`t get white on the chainguard feathers yet. So close but not good enough.

Latest posts

Back