Build Off 11 TRENDS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a few trends in this year's build off. Some are obvious like bikes with tires or chains, those don't need to be posted.:wink1:
What else have you noticed? I'll start.

CURVED SEAT TUBE ELGINS and also curved seat tubes customs.

When I chose my frame before the build off, I thought that I would be one of if not the only one with a curved seat tube Elgin. They only made these bikes for a few years around 1939 if what I've learned is true. I haven't counted, but there are several with the latest (and possibly the coolest) one joining in just yesterday!

I've noticed a few trends in this year's build off. Some are obvious like bikes with tires or chains, those don't need to be posted.:wink1:
What else have you noticed? I'll start.

CURVED SEAT TUBE ELGINS and also curved seat tubes customs.

When I chose my frame before the build off, I thought that I would be one of if not the only one with a curved seat tube Elgin. They only made these bikes for a few years around 1939 if what I've learned is true. I haven't counted, but there are several with the latest (and possibly the coolest) one joining in just yesterday!

I've got one of those myself that I may enter for fun....I've got to build it anyway!

I haven't been around the build forums more than a year, but this is the first time I've seen anyone but TRM using one of his convertible tanks......what do we have now, 3 or 4?

Cargo bikes! there are 3 or 4 in the works now :nod: its not allot , but considering we rarely even get 1 cycle truck in a buildoff it seems like a big number

Vacation pictures from a few of us fatstaff , odd job Hear is one of mine .
942527f8edb6a95733d3579a7af5a618.jpg
7e6db23188f039e1ad5c16b1e491c050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back