Buick Musclebike Finished: Eastside Tomcat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
039.jpg

045.jpg

018.jpg

049.jpg

011.jpg

048.jpg

047.jpg

035.jpg

051.jpg

That is one clean Buick :shock:
Beautiful attention to detail ... Especially like the front cantilever mounts, I assume you welded those to the fork.
I also like the shifter in the tank idea..I think I see a little plagiarism in my future.

TOP SHELF..........as usual.

Thanks guys! It's like a 20" bike for big kids, very comfortable. The homemade shifter works excellent and those V-brakes are great. With all the hills in my town brakes are a handy item to have! I only wish the metalflake in the paint came through a little better in the pics.

2manybikes said:
That is one clean Buick :shock:
Beautiful attention to detail ... Especially like the front cantilever mounts, I assume you welded those to the fork.
I also like the shifter in the tank idea..I think I see a little plagiarism in my future.

2manybikes, the build pics are all in the Muscle bike thread along with the geometry needed for a Sturmey Archer 3 speed shifter. I may put the geometry in the 'How To' section.

Hey Doug,

Haven't had much time to get on here and tell ya: GREAT JOB!

That bike came out looking great and looks like it works great. Perfect for a fast ride around town or on the Trail.

Vintage rubber, modern brakes- the Hot Rod mags always tell ya to upgrade the brakes first don't they? Who ever listens to that? American iron driveline, narrowed front end, and the bicycle equivalent of the Jag rear-end setup found in a lot of vintage custom musclecars.

This bike's got it goin' on!

Congrats on the nice work and as always bringing it all together with great details and craftsmanship.
--Rob

Thanks Rob, and thanks again for blasting that frame. Hopefully I can make it to one of your rides and tear up the streets of New London!

Galtbacken said:
What a beautiful bike! :D You've done some really amazing work on it!

Thank you sir! Having seen the bikes you've built and the beautiful components you've hand fabricated, I will take this as a compliment.
When time allows, I prefer to build my own parts also. That young son of mine keeps me pretty busy though. But that's a good thing! :D

Very classy bike diggin the stick shift would love to know more how you made it I wanna put one on my bike.

Very clean sweet ride man. I really like the front brake fab work. Canti posts welded on the blade fork? Just kicks butt man. KUDOS :D

Latest posts

Back