Bugatti Bicycle Replica

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that Ettore Bugatti, the automobile designer and builder, got his first start in the bicycle industry in Italy. There, he designed about 1913 at space-framed bicycle that never actually went into production. I found a photo of his design on a Bugatti enthusiast website, and just knew that I wanted to build a replica. Here is a photo of his design:
OriginalBugatti.jpg

I had some 3/8ths steel tubing left over from another project, so I used the head tube and bottom bracket from a donor bike and came up with this:
Myreplica1.jpg

I added more reinforcing cross members and some laydown handlebars and came up with this:
MyReplicaHandlebars1.jpg

Then I tried to find a sort of Bugatti blue shade and painted the frame:
PaintedFrameonWheels3.jpg

Then I added the sprocket and pedal arms:
AlmostFinished4.jpg

Right now I have installed a Sachs coaster brake and single speed sprocket. I am still pondering installing more speeds.
Still having fun in retirement,
Tom Bartlett

Uhhh....WOW :shock:

that's some impressive welding, all those small tube and tighe spaces. Did you tig it?

I have to say though, that bike is begging for some moustasche bars (IMO)..

I agree the bars dont do it justice,But very cool idea.I like your seat better then the one on the Bugatti!Great job on the frame. :mrgreen:

Wow that´s impressive! One of the most impressive frames I´ve seen.
Would love to see it with the bars the guys are mentioning

that is one classic bike. I agree, different bars. otherwise this is one nice looin bike. ya got mad skills. I am retired too but my work is notin like yours. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Outlaw 8)

Beautiful and honourable cause to design a Bugatti bicycle!

It seems like a really difficult frame to do, the tubes are so thin!
Did you weld with MIG/TIG or did you braze weld it?

Great work!

That's true craftsmanship,you've displayed here. Awesome ride. And I also agree on the handlebar-issue. A moustache would look way more authentic.
But that's up to you,of course. Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back