Brown Sugar (maiden cruise pics & vid)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
boredwalk.jpg

First I gotta ask, how many of y'all remember the gold chain discussion in this thread?
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/vi...&sid=1d1ab9b865f6334e2a6b0af942ee8e44#p380197
Here's mine!
bsgoldchain.jpg

(okay mine is just yellow cadmium, but hey money's tight this year :wink: )

Any how it feels good to be done on time and under budget, so I'm gonna sit back and chill out, drink me a bottle of Black & Tan, listen to some Uncle Kracker and let you fine people check out the pictures... Life is good here in the cornfield 8)
bsrfqclose.jpg

bsrear.jpg

bsrside.jpg

bsrfq.jpg

bslrq.jpg

bslfq.jpg

bslside.jpg

bshedbadg.jpg

I'll be taking some more pics out on the trails and posting them later this weekend so y'all check back occasionally.
Peace Y'all

Re: Brown Sugar (it sure is sweet!)

The total package is greater than the sum of the parts. I love the finishes & colors.

I'll be honest, at times, I didn't see your 'vision' for this bike. But now, it's crystal clear.

Great ride dude, can't wait to see it in person!

Cheers,
Dr. T

love the sorta panneling paintjob. its just very cool. good luck!

"it sure is sweet!" Yes indeedy.

Love what you have done!

WAY TO GO!! YOU DID IT!! SWEET. LOVE THAT WHITE. C-YA AT THE FINISH LINE.

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. So many of the details of this build changed on the fly. The paint job is not as I originally envisioned it, but sometimes you gotta go with the flow, and follow the inspiration that comes when you least expect it.

Came out WAY better than I thought :shock: Cool bike...tough to beat 8)

I like everything but the apehangers but thats just me. Very creative build here

Brentley said:
Is that hammered look spray paint? I like the contrast with the white frame, very clean.
It is a stone textured paint, there's more information in the build thread if you are curious.

johnp.smith said:
I like everything but the apehangers but thats just me. Very creative build here
I wasn't sure about the apes either but they are comfortable to ride with believe it or not, but the style screams heavy weight cruiser. Kinda like an old Shovelhead FLH stripped down with a sprung solo seat and of course, a set of apes on it. I deliberately went for the big, tall, and heavy luxury liner look, instead of the stripped down low and sleek look that I normally would prefer. Trying to be different is tough around here. So many amazingly kool and kreative people hang out here.

Nice bike. I would of left out the front brake, at least for the picture. Very cooooool bike

This morning I took Sugar out for a nice 4 mile shakedown ride. Here it is loaded up and ready to go.
loadedup.jpg

This is a little rest stop on the trail. The girls Western Flyer belongs to my wife and is all original, not mint but a great rider. The interesting thing is that when we got these two bikes they were a matched set. :shock: She won't let me touch hers except for basic maintenance.
pairorats.jpg

Here are couple of pics on the bridge over Jefferies Creek in Florence, S.C.
bridge1.jpg

bridge2.jpg

If a picture is worth a thousand words how many is a video worth? Here's a very short clip of me riding around on it. Please pardon the flubs in the vid as my wife has never used this camera in video mode before.
http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums...inal pics/?action=view&current=Bsugarride.mp4

Over all I am please with the way it rides. The handling of a heavy bike with apes took some getting used too but was not difficult. That Felt 1903 seat is extremely comfy. I did find a couple of little things that needed tweaking and took care of those so now Brown Sugar is ready to ride any time! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back